new member from the US

Gordon W

Just wanted to say hi to the members of this board. I'm actually in the "deer business" here in the US, covering white-tailed deer (primarily) in the media. I also do some TV work here on what we North Americans would term "exotic" deer. I'm hoping to learn more about the UK deer scene and perhaps even make a few helpful contacts through this board. If you're possibly looking to do the same here on my side of the pond, feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hearty welcome, everyone.

Richard, I hope you and your friend have good luck in drawing Montana tags this year. I've hunted there several times over the past 30 years but didn't get a deer tag last year. They were oversubscribed, despite a price tag in excess of $500. As I don't hunt bears or elk (strictly a deer guy), I wasn't willing to pay the $900-plus for the combo license covering all of those species. With the economy slowly picking up over here, I'd expect at least as many applicants as in 2011...but we'll see.

Thanks for the hearty welcome, everyone.

Richard, I hope you and your friend have good luck in drawing Montana tags this year. I've hunted there several times over the past 30 years but didn't get a deer tag last year. They were oversubscribed, despite a price tag in excess of $500. As I don't hunt bears or elk (strictly a deer guy), I wasn't willing to pay the $900-plus for the combo license covering all of those species. With the economy slowly picking up over here, I'd expect at least as many applicants as in 2011...but we'll see.
We will be applying for the NR Elk/Deer combo, very pricey but its a once a lifetime kind of thing, because of the price hike last year these were under subscribed in 2011..
We might do a deer hunt first, then concentrate on the Elk.
Cheers
Richard

Back