Last day of the bird season

buckup

Hi all,
spent a vary enjoyable day out with Chris Rob from the site on Saturday.
Despite my dog racing through the covers the guns had a good day.
Chris certainly mopped up a few :)
Nice crowd of guns, and very hospitable, only sorry I was driving and could only stay for just the one pint :( .

To any of you that just post and read here, get out and meet a few of the guys. It is a sure fire way to make new contacts, friends and prevent missunderstandings between us. All too easy to misjudge a character when all you see is the typed word.

Thanks again Chris, a lovely way to round off the season.

Mark

Thank God the peasant shooters have finished. Now I can get the deer culled without "scaring the birds" with my noisy rifle. Ho Hummm

P.S. Yes I was out shooting peasants on Saturday as well but stalking is better for the soul ;)

Mark

would love to meet up with a few more people from the site but as I dont have my own land and have to pay each time I stalk its difficult to meet up, any suggestions from lonley of Hampshire :lol:

Dear Lonely,
next time you are going on a paid for stalk why not mention it here to see if any other members want to join you? Certainly I know of two new guys who want to get out, so when they do I'll be sure to PM you.

Mark

Mark
i am glad you had a good day with Chris
he's a cracking fella and i've only met him once
hope you didn't tell him to much about poland :evil:

MarkH said:
Thank God the peasant shooters have finished. Now I can get the deer culled without "scaring the birds" with my noisy rifle. Ho Hummm

P.S. Yes I was out shooting peasants on Saturday as well but stalking is better for the soul ;)

Mark

I have kept my mouth shut on this one for a while now because I realise a great proportion of members on here shoot game birds, I manage the deer on a farm that has a pheasant shoot on it, & the fellow who does the keeping has asked me why the deer need to be shot when he thinks there's only about eight of them on the ground,he said if there was a cull needed he would do it!
I tried to explain that for all the deer he's seen there are many that he hasn't & that the condition of the population will suffer if there's no cull,(which I would be doing) & there will be crop damage from the increased numbers - the guy was not interested. It's been a different story in the past, when they've arranged for a stalker to come in for a jolly when they have no stalking rights.
I feel I had to mention this,as I have found in this instance that there is a lack of understanding of deer management,& it is seen as an inconvenience to the bird shooters in this instance,due to the one moderated shot fired every once in a while! In actual fact,it works very well for the game birds,as I shoot foxes as a priority.
However,now that the last shoot is over I can work doubly hard to start & achieve my doe cull before march.
I have donned my helmet & await incoming!

buckup said:
Hi all,
spent a vary enjoyable day out with Chris Rob from the site on Saturday.
Despite my dog racing through the covers the guns had a good day.
Chris certainly mopped up a few :)
Nice crowd of guns, and very hospitable, only sorry I was driving and could only stay for just the one pint :( .

To any of you that just post and read here, get out and meet a few of the guys. It is a sure fire way to make new contacts, friends and prevent misunderstandings between us. All too easy to misjudge a character when all you see is the typed word.

Thanks again Chris, a lovely way to round off the season.

Mark

Just glad you & the dogs had a good time Mark, great to meet you.

Chris

Back