scope mount problem

bobjs

ok lads

i have been playing with the rifles today and moving glass around etc.

i took the 4.5/14x44 zeiss off the 243 to put on the new zeiss duralyt, fitted the 30mm action mounted optilocks, set the eye relief and thought thats it all done.

on adjusting the scope mounts the very bottom of the front bell was just touching the barrel before i got to a set tension on the rings, burger

got the rifle back up to see if i could move the scope forward a tad, ok done it, i then when i got to just about the right scope ring tension it done it again. now i think i can't use the scope on the rifle as i don't have bases and 30mm rings to fit to the rifle,

has this happened to anyone else and can it be resolved without me spending scope funds on rings and bases when i need to be saving for the next scope.

thank you

bob.

hi neil

did i talk to you then, i must have been on a bad day mate, ill see whats what mate, will it matter if i have no clue who made the rigns i have on the tikka ??

bob.

I assumed (not a great idea) that your rings were opti locs with the plastic inserts, if this is true yes these will fit I am told.
If yours have no inserts your screwed :rofl:, no not really but you will need new rings.

Neil. :)

Back