Dsc 1 books

norfolk shooter

Anybody know where i can get the books for the dsc1 from also what kind of money am i looking at paying fro them?? Better still any of you folks have some i can buy off you???
many thanks

I believe Jelen might be running a course in the east shortly - their CD and Interactive website helped me massively - I'm sure they will provide a manual too.....

ive sent an email off to chris at ayrstalk as we should be heading up there for holiday at easter (if the wife is ok with it).

Hi NS,

I would normally suggest that you have a look at my website www.dsctraining.org which is designed specifically to help people such as yourself. It is an interactive on-line learning site for the DSC1 teaching you the answers to the questions and deer identification. It also has additional reading in the form of the Best Practice Guides.

The great think for you is that we have a partnership set up with Chris at Ayrestalk so check with him first about what his courses includes before shelling out on additional training aids - even before signing up for my site! You may be pleasanltly surprised at what Chris has to offer :)

Whatever happens though, I wish you the very best of luck with your DSC and future stalking.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited:
Anybody know where i can get the books for the dsc1 from also what kind of money am i looking at paying fro them?? Better still any of you folks have some i can buy off you???
many thanks

You can download the excellent Best Practice Guides too in PDF format, also available as printed guides.

I have the SNH/DCS printed copy too one and rate it highly, helped me with my DSC1 study along with the previosuly mentioned BDS Manual and Disease ID booklet.

Scottish National Heritage (DCS) Download page for the guides

http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/siteindex.aspx

Deer Initiative England/Wales

http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/best_practice/legislation_health_and_safety_and_welfare.php

Hope that helps a bit

Incidently, I did my Level one with Chris at Ayrstalk & would recommend his establishment to anyone. Top bloke

Rigboot

I may be wrong, as it was some time ago that I did it, but all the material you need for DSC1 is contained in the manual. If you want to get the best practice guides as well, you can download them for free and print them in the office when no-one is looking :)

Back