Ghillie suits. ?

Andy86

Whats peoples views on ghillie suits do they tend to get in the way when wood stalking or are they recomended ? :)

Whats peoples views on ghillie suits do they tend to get in the way when wood stalking or are they recomended ? :)

Leave them with the people they were intended for ,there only there to fool the human eye not a animal whos sense of smell is second to none ,your a deer stalker not a soldier.

Ghillie suits are primarily designed for the prone position. A stalking Ghillie looks very odd!

Well said widows son
some folk have weird ideas about stalking.
in saying that the industry that makes them is big on pushing them
nothing finer than leaving a trail of ghillie suit in the bracken :rofl:

bally

Good point think i will just stick to the real tree

i believe that its not all about pattern but rather material, a non reflective material is les visible to an animal. if you have ever watched anyone stalk into a deer from a distance you can sometimes see the clothing glisten in the sunlight and thats what the animal will see too.

as for the suit as stated not really a stalkers suit more used for an ambush but heh so is a high seat lol.

f,

I saw some tube dressed in one waiting for a bus beside our local park. No effing idea what he thought he was up to. Lad was about 20 years old, I nearly crashed laughing at him.

Yup most animals seem to spot movement. therefore the best camoflage is to stay still. camo seems to work best at avoiding being spotted by humans. I think that most animals are colour blind. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Breaking up your shape to not look human helps. But I wouldn't wear a gillie suit unless I was going paintballing or similiar. Don't think it is needed.

Provided you wear muted colours, I am pretty sure it doesnt matter what you wear. It is your movement they see or worse ,your scent they smell which alerts them.

David

Last edited:
Andy don't tell me your a real tree try just waring soft muted clothing it will save you looking like a soldier of fortune to the locals should you meet them.;)

It will catch on everything you pass, you will spend more time pis*ing about un hooking every part of it. You will be that hacked off with it that you will soon lose the will to live.

Don't do it!

TJ

Thought real tree was good see am a new be lol so stick with matted clothing because if am right deer have ad eye sight but smell and hearing are fantastic changing the pitch to ever sound ?

me personaly would stick to the green colours .Real tree is what the poachers wear nowadays but as said its the movement and sent that give u away .But saying that on the contanent they have got to wear some bright colour for safety

Back