Tikka T3 - $650!!

Cabelas actually is more expensive than most. My T-3 cost $550 delivered. Cabelas only charges state tax. In several states, like mine, that is zero percent.~Muir

YES

the facts of life are as such that any goods imported into the uk are subject to an approx tax and duty of 50/60%

what can we do about it .... . NOTHING.

not quite true,

shop all tax dodgers
shop all benefit fraudsters
stop paying all forms of housing to those whom dont need it
stop paying all benefits end of except extreme cases
employ those that need them in government posts and pay them to work
stop all foreign aid, invest it in buying uk goods building uk lorries and paying uk staff to load such lorries and ship them to those foreign countries thus ensuring they get the pumps for water the grain for food the tents for living the blankets for sleeping in and not the guns to fight wars with.
stop selling nation assets to the french italian Germans and Americans whom then charge us twice as much back for what we once owned.

buy local goods buy from local guys
charge good rates to local buyers to locals to keep cash flowing locally
offer local incentives

rant over thread slightly of track sorry mate but its all connected

frank.

ps A client (snp) once called me a communist ha ha i am not ...erm am i.

Last edited:
Don,t forget the charge for proofing, strange thing proofing why are guns safe in the rest of the world but not hear.

YES

the facts of life are as such that any goods imported into the uk are subject to an approx tax and duty of 50/60%

what can we do about it .... . NOTHING.

not quite true,

shop all tax dodgers
shop all benefit fraudsters
stop paying all forms of housing to those whom dont need it
stop paying all benefits end of except extreme cases
employ those that need them in government posts and pay them to work
stop all foreign aid, invest it in buying uk goods building uk lorries and paying uk staff to load such lorries and ship them to those foreign countries thus ensuring they get the pumps for water the grain for food the tents for living the blankets for sleeping in and not the guns to fight wars with.
stop selling nation assets to the french italian Germans and Americans whom then charge us twice as much back for what we once owned.

buy local goods buy from local guys
charge good rates to local buyers to locals to keep cash flowing locally
offer local incentives

rant over thread slightly of track sorry mate but its all connected

frank.

ps A client (snp) once called me a communist ha ha i am not ...erm am i.

I'll agree with that 100% frank especially the first 4 , had two of the ,can work just don't want to work ask me for some casual work yesterday ,hell would freeze over first, dregs of our modern day society.

50-60% is one thing - but in each of the cases I cited first the mark up is over 100%.

The difference cannot be made up from shipping, import duty, VAT and 30% mark up.

I did in the past (when it was easier - possible?) import some stuff from Cabelas - and it still cost less in dollars than the same cost here in pounds.

Rip off Britain :evil:

When I pointed out some time ago that our beloved importers were ripping us off in grand style certain forums members came out in staunch defence of said importers.

As for 100% profits it would seem that certain sectors of the industry cannot take in under 1000%.

I am surprised no one here has opened a shop, there's millions to be made out of shooting ask the shop owners who have closed down. Cabellas buy more guns in a year than are sold in the uk in ten I should think, that's why they can sell so cheap,cricket balls are cheaper in india than the USA due to this fact.

I am surprised no one here has opened a shop, there's millions to be made out of shooting ask the shop owners who have closed down. Cabellas buy more guns in a year than are sold in the uk in ten I should think, that's why they can sell so cheap,cricket balls are cheaper in india than the USA due to this fact.

If I had to funds to buy stock and equip one I would do so.

As a side note a few years back a friend who is an RFD in Surrey was getting into stocking Tikka's due to the huge mark up on them.

Brit with the profits you recon they make, the banks would be falling over you to lend the money.

Brit with the profits you recon they make, the banks would be falling over you to lend the money.

Now I know you must come from planet Zog .................................. :doh:.

Due to age as a family we couldn't even qualify for a load to get Solar panels on the house. Carers allowance does not give enough to qualify for a cheque account nowadays. Welcome to the real world.

Unfortunately guys I think its rip off Europe. All part of being in the single common market or whatever they call it. I was surprised the last time I was in a gun shop in Germany to find what I thought was a vast increase in prices from previous visits on pretty much everything.

For example from the Alljagd catalogue prices a Tikka T3 Hunter at €1514 and the t3 lite from €1163 depending on calibre.

To be honest I thought you were actually cheaper buying certain clothing and ammunition in the UK. Of course there are probably cheaper outlets but this was a chain.

It probably also doesn't help that there are most probably several more importers, or competition, in the vast US market than the two (I stand to be corrected on this) that deal with the civilian market in the UK.

It is f*****g annoying when you look at a Cabelas or Bass Pro catalogue though!!

Because of Tax and all the **** that goes with it, it is being made even harder for people with a bit of cash to open a shop,,,i have a friend who has gone to live in France, He used to live in Kimbolton and he used to make rifles for the custom market.

he had a small shop which was his home (detached) and he went by all the right way's and turned it into his shop/come home,,,,last year his rates went from £26,000 a year to £41,000 a year that broke him,,he wrote to our local MP and the area MP, even wrote to Cammeron asking him why if he had such a great praize for people who started their own buisness was he being crippled by vast Taxes and rates,,,,and why was he being penalised for buying items from abroad that he could not buy here.

He never even got a reply,,,his next letter to cammeron was to ask why he is so intent on killing small buisneses in this country with huge rates of Tax across the board,,,you put tax up shops have to charge more then they price people out of buy to live,,,you put up fuel tax the shops and other buisneses have to charge more to make ends meet that kills the small buisness again even further.

you guest it not even the curtesy of a reply.

the last letter he sent,,,F--K you Cammeron and this rip of **** hole of a country you are creating, im moving to france and every time i come back to the UK with items for friends and family they wont pay you any tax.

this time he got a reply it said you will be monitored. and that was all it read.

paul

Cabelas has good prices because they buy so many guns?? Nope. Some of the smallest independent shops charge less than Cabelas. I seldom even consider Cabelas for modern guns. In the past I bought muzzle-loaders from them but their prices have gotten very unreasonable. (they sell second-hand rifles for almost new retail) In the city nearest my home, there are stores within 2 miles of Cabelas that have "every day" prices lower than Cabelas sale prices. Cabelas has a shiny store that costs them an arm and a leg to run....~Muir

Back