Thread: Firing range south lakes/cumbria?

Firing range south lakes/cumbria?

Hi folks,

I have a scope to zero and want to try some different factory loads so looking for a range to use. I've heard of a rimfire club/range near by but this is for my 243 (and rimfire). Shooting off the landrover bonnet out in a field doesn't constitute much of a test!

So please, any info on ranges in the south lakes, cumbria, north-west yorkshire, north lancs areas?

stead hall firearms,100m tunnel range ilkley,good shop aswell and a really sound chap john!

If you join BDS NW branch there are regular range days, with one in Kellet, the other at Grayrigg. 18th March at the latter is the first day.

Thanks for the info chaps, a trip down to Ilkley is in order i think! I'll look into the BDS - i wanted to talk to them about registration for DSC L2 anyways.

SD Regular
    where men are men and sheep are worried
    North west had there AGM last week , looking into range days mid week for those who cant make the weekend ones .

Lancs / Cumbria Border
    Nothing wrong with using a field and testing there, so long as you have permission and a safe back stop.

You could travel to a range, although if you are doing load development / zeroing, most ranges prefer you to have the rifle zeroed before you attend.

There will be at least 4 Range Days taking place within the NW BDS branch this year, and as muted possibly a week day shoot if there is sufficient interest.

Again, you would be made very welcome to the branch shoots member or non member (if you know a member who is attending tag along)

Info on the range days can be found on the BDS web site, in the section BDS - In your area - click on NW England.

Great info- thanks