Larder

mo

anyone got any pic of there larder set up they wouldnt mind putting up? just starting to do mine and would like a few ideas etc.

Many thanks

Mo

Mo

This is a couple of stags hanging in my Dad's larder. He had it built from scratch. Basically it's a 6m x 4m wooden shed with insulated walls, and concrete floor with a drain in the middle. Come in the door and the steel sink is on the left. The hanging rail runs right round the larder. We added a Lidl electric winch just in from the door so that beasts can be hoisted onto the trestle and then hoisted up for hanging. There's a hose on a reel and a fly zapper and that's about it. There's also a small set of steps to reach up to the rail.

It's not in the same league as Corrour's £350k larder, but it's pretty tidy for a budget larder. There's no chill. Of the estate larder's that I have been in, Innerwick's takes a lot of beating with two rooms and two doors, but it cost a lot.

Regards JCS

Last edited:
Mo

This is a couple of stags hanging in my Dad's larder. He had it built from scratch. Basically it's a 6m x 4m wooden shed with insulated walls, and concrete floor with a drain in the middle. Come in the door and the steel sink is on the left. The hanging rail runs right round the larder. We added a Lidl electric winch just in the door so that beasts can be hoisted onto the trestle and then hoisted up for hanging. There's a hose on a reel and a fly zapper and that's about it.

It's not in the same league as Corrour's £350k larder, but it's pretty tidy. There's no chill.

Regards JCS

Nice work JCS! I bet those are not hangers from your dry cleaning those stags are hanging on! LOL

Mo

This is a couple of stags hanging in my Dad's larder. He had it built from scratch. Basically it's a 6m x 4m wooden shed with insulated walls, and concrete floor with a drain in the middle. Come in the door and the steel sink is on the left. The hanging rail runs right round the larder. We added a Lidl electric winch just in from the door so that beasts can be hoisted onto the trestle and then hoisted up for hanging. There's a hose on a reel and a fly zapper and that's about it. There's also a small set of steps to reach up to the rail.

It's not in the same league as Corrour's £350k larder, but it's pretty tidy for a budget larder. There's no chill. Of the estate larder's that I have been in, Innerwick's takes a lot of beating with two rooms and two doors, but it cost a lot.

Regards JCS
nice set up mate, thanks for taking the time to post a pic.
Mo

Back