who can machine me a pillar?

User00003

anyone on here able to machine me a replacement rear tang/action screw pillar for my ZKK restoration project? I can send dimensions needed or even the actual one that needs to be replicated, difference is that the internal hole in the current one is too big, creating too much room around the action screw body, and it's also just sheet metal that's been bent, so it's not actual a whole pillar as it has a gap in it.

just looking for a more solid alternative.

I suspect someone could knock one up for a fiver in a matter of minutes, but I'll let the forum respond.

ps. it'd be only around 3cm tall and 0.75cm wide

Try Dennis Groom..............he is listed as one of my friends on my profile page. He could fabricate a barrel or indeed a pillar out of a sheet of corrogated iron.

Last edited:
Depends how quickly you need it. I'm off for a week but could sort it when I go back. If you can wait, send me the dimensions. It would be 316 stainless though.

Ezzy

There is a machine shop right next door to Diesels night club (sure you know it;)) in Hawick, im often in for jobs like this and they are always obliging.....

Mark with a user name like buckup you really shouldn't make comments like that. :lol:

You lot have some deviant minds,:-| try to help a lad out andlook what happens. Talk to Avatar about getting knocked up:D.

All in the best possible taste. :cool:

Tahr

Back