stalking in wales

Trevor.

Hi all i was just looking for some stalking in wales but to no joy i am not looking for heads just some cull days can anyone point me in the right way.

Thanks Gadget.

Good luck in your hunt don’t think there are many spots in Wales, best chance is on the Shropshire boarder or along the river Wye.

I think it is very sparse, I live just over the border in north Herefordshire and we have a few.
Better ask Stone he used to live in Mid Wales.

Jonathon

There's plenty of deer in some areas it's just very hard getting onto the ground.

Twenty years ago there were just fallow in Wales based on the Wye Valley, Coed y Brenin, Elwy Valley, Margam Abbey and Golden Grove.

Now most parts of Wales have some wild deer and we have reds, roe and muntjac too but they are either localised or thin on the ground and stalking opportunities outside the Forestry Commission are few and far between.

The FC are shooting roe on sight which isn't going to help but will spread them faster.

gadget said:
Hi all i was just looking for some stalking in wales but to no joy i am not looking for heads just some cull days can anyone point me in the right way.

Thanks Gadget.

gadget
might help if you say which areas you were looking at
as some areas of wales are a little lacking in deer as Paul has mentioned
i might have a few contacts over the borders for you to ring that may not be as far to travel from you home in search of some stalking
ATB
Stone

Thanks stone i live in pembrokesire i do not mind travelling if you can put me in touch with anyone it would be very much appreciated.

There is fallow stalking in Pembrokeshire, Gadget.
I know of two guys who stalk in that area, but don't have contact with them at present.
Generally stalking in Wales just isn't talked about, it's all a whell kept secret. It's easier to join the mafia than find stalking in Wales. Most of the boys that I know cross the river and stalk in Herefordshire or Wiltshire.
The forestry commision don't have client stalking in "Wales" but do in the Forest of Dean yet the rangers work out of the same office. I am told it is just policy not to offer client stalking in Wales.

Gadget,
I can't remember the head foresters first name(must be the red wine)His last name is Thomas we met all the heads of Forestry on the isle of Arran on a BASC weekend, seems like a real nice guy, give him a ring tell him your a basc member, who knows!!

regards
griff

Thanks lads for that i was just looking to save the miles but if anyone can put me in touch with good guides i do not mind travelling and not looking for heads just as much experince as i can this yr and i don't mind paying the going fee. So if any one can help it would be much apprecaited.

Cheers Gadget.

Back