Glouster gunshop

ezzy6.5

Hi all,

I don't get away from work very often but on Monday i've got to go to Glouster to atend a meeting. Do any of you know of a good gunshop in the area, i'll be traveling from Shropshire down the A49 then back up the M5 but I fancy a bit of a distraction at lunch time.

Any suggestions, Ezzy

Ezzy

Do you mean Gloucester, if you do, there is absolutey sod all of any note worth wasting your time on. There is a 'country sports' shop in Cirencester where they have a selection of air rifles and a few others but sadly no one who knows much about them. Cheltenham is probably your best bet with Ian Coley or upto Swindon to Rod and Gun. We are sadly lacking in that department in the Cotswolds. Unfortunately we have a very large proportion of those who can afford to pay ludicrous amounts of money for shooting and paraphanelia without having much of a clue before returning to London from their weekend homes in the Cotswolds which leaves those of us who have been shooting since we were knee high to the proverbial out in the cold so to speak. Of course if you want to travel abroad you could go over the bridge to Litts at Newport!! Rant over!

Best of luck.

Go into Allsports and listen to John for a laugh.
If you believe anything he says you are a fool,

ezzy6.5 said:
Hi all,

I don't get away from work very often but on Monday i've got to go to Glouster to atend a meeting. Do any of you know of a good gunshop in the area, i'll be traveling from Shropshire down the A49 then back up the M5 but I fancy a bit of a distraction at lunch time.

Any suggestions, Ezzy

I'd take the advice from Hillbilly and continue down the A49 to Harewood End then take a right for Monmouth and on down to Litts in Newport. One of the best gunshops in the country and worth the slight detour.

Then it's only just over an hour back to Gloucester if you go M4 then M48 to Junction , into Chepstow and then follow the A46 along the Severn up from Chepstow to Gloucester.

Alternatively down the M4 to the M5 then up to Gloucester slightly longer but maybe just as quick and a free crossing of the bridge.

Cheers guys, I hadn't thought of Litts, the last time i was there i was looking at pistols.

Ezzy.

ezzy6.5
Thats some bloody long lunch break mate !Judging some of those distances. Why not spoil yourselfe with a couple of decent gunmags and a flask of coffee , no stress and you can just imagine heaven till sanctuary in your own local gunshop! and you won't have to part with £££s coz you will change from just a browse to comming out with pockets stuffed with new toys!:lol:
Trapper.

Sounds like a good opportunity for someone around Gloucester to do a good job then especially if there are people with money to spend about.

I went to Litts once, I was ignored, sales people were VERY unhelpfull, I will never go back. At the same time there was a guy picking up a pair of new Perazzi sideplates and commisioning another pair for the trophy wife, the staff were like flies round him so us normal punters with a hundred or two to spend maybe were ignored totally. In fairness this was about 3 years ago so pre Sportsmans,

A

Ezzy, Hillbilly, Alycidon.
What about Corinium Guns in Cirencester, a good old fasioned gunshop. Just Googled them and they still exist. I think they have a clay ground near Cheltenham also.
Went to the Country Sports shop a couple of years back on an open day. Lots of bargains they said. Very expensive and the only decent thing on the day was the cups of tea and free burgers. Lots of people there but no-one buying.
Alycidon,
Had the same treatment as you at Litts and vowed the same. Perhaps Sportsman will turn it around.

i've been into LITTS a few times and had awful service. went in the other day and bought a harris swivel bipod for the cost of a non swivel one because some muppet had priced them up incorrectly :lol:
enquired about the cost of a Blaser R93 (they had 3 on the shelf, unpriced) and they couldnt tell me, how they going to sell them then? previously asked about a silver pigeon (priced at £1650, ask for best price), when i asked i was told "that is the best price". on another occasion asked for lightforce filter, assistant went out the back and forgot about me!

worst gunshop i've ever been into, only go in there when i'm passing and getting paid - wouldnt go in there in my own time.

sportsman were very good when i have dealt with them in the past - completely different ethos in the 2 stores.

forget buying from other stores - support your local gunshop

forget buying from other stores - support your local gunshop

and if they dont have it, get Gregor to ship it down to them!

Back