zeiss 6x24x56 victory diavari scope

the highlander

hi i am thinking of buying a zeiss 6x24x56 victory diavari can any one tell me what they are like compared with swaro 5x30x50 thanks

havent used the swaro but do have the zeiss and it is superb. very sharp image and great in low light. also under the lamp when foxing it really comes into its own.

I've got the Z6 in 2-12x50 and the Diavari 6-24x56, IMO the ziess wins the day quite comfortably. The clarity is better for sure, its a really nice piece of kit which I'm sure you won't regret buying, money well spent.

I have two of the zeiss 6-24x56 scopes and they are superb
Optics are great at all power settings and great when lamping.
I often adjust my turrets when shooting at different ranges and they always track perfectly.

I have two of these as well. Crystal clear optics and even better than my S&B 5-25*56 PM11. Would have no hesitation in buying another one should the need arise.

Call me biased, I am.
I have 2, 6-24x56 scopes 1 with ret 60, 1 with z7 ir.
Fantastic optics in a small package.
BDC drop turret, dial it in and aim dead on.

I have several Zeiss 6-24x56 scopes - All with 43 mildot reticule fitted.
Stunning optics - Unbelievable bright with a nice big Field of view - Best dusk /Dawn scope I have looked through.

I have not owned the 5-30 sworovski - But it did look very impressive from the peek I had

ATB
Alan

Alan your mate borrowed my pvs 14 to put on his big zeiss and you had look at it what did you think i have one on that 223 i bought off you and another that i use as a spotter which dave has just borrowed for a couple of weeks to put on his air rifle as he has to do some rats causing problems at billys

mark

i bought one from clunie clays last year and it was the best money i have ever spent and he was the cheapest to great bit of kit

Alan your mate borrowed my pvs 14 to put on his big zeiss and you had look at it what did you think i have one on that 223 i bought off you and another that i use as a spotter which dave has just borrowed for a couple of weeks to put on his air rifle as he has to do some rats causing problems at billys

mark

HI Mark.
hope my old 223 is getting looked after. :cool:

I did have a look at your PVS -it wasn't mounted on a rifle at the time - just hand held.

Great little thing aren't they - do you use yours much - I was always put off by how far thay sat back on the stock.

I was informed that they were difficult to mount to the Zeisss victory scope, due the the tapering of the ocular lens housing ??

ATB
Alan

No mate i got a cobra scope mount and had to shave a bit off the plastic inserts they supplied as the zeiss eyepiece was a little largr the the plastic ring 2 minutes with a power file cured the problem and i must admit dave used it before me

Mark

There bringing out a new zeiss victory hd now. Just see the quick video on them. On fieldsports channel.
be interesting on the price! !!!

I've used both scopes, and the optics of the Zeiss suit my eyes better. It also has a greater range of adjustment and large turrets. However it feels large and bulky compared to the Swarovski, which offers significantly higher magnification and better reticle options. You'll have to try both to find out which you prefer.

No mate i got a cobra scope mount and had to shave a bit off the plastic inserts they supplied as the zeiss eyepiece was a little largr the the plastic ring 2 minutes with a power file cured the problem and i must admit dave used it before me

Mark

Thanks for the tip Mark!! I wondered how I was going to do it and whether one of these would work.

I always used Swaro's in the past and found them to be excellent but I've not looked through the one suggested.... but I've now got a couple of the Zeiss 6-24x56's with the Ret 63 (Same as a 43 but tiny circles instead of dots) and a 'Hubble' 6-24x72 as an option on my heavy barrelled 243. Again excellent 'scopes with v good light gathering properties - don't really need NV with the 72 under bright moonlight.

Cheers
atb
FBW
:cool:

Last edited:
Back