Thread: New here

New here

Hi all,

My name is Sam and I live in Buckinghamshire.

I have lurked around this forum for a while and decided to go ahead and register.

I am basically looking to see if anyone would have any deer meat (or whole deer otherwise) that I could buy buy off them to feed my dog.

I havent seen anyone else post this question so if it is not allowed I appologise.

I didnt know where else to go to try and find someone who shot deer who may not want all of the meat

I am also after rabbits

Feed your dog !!!!! I would doubt you will get many people responding to your request. Stalkers generally eat what they shoot or sell it to gamedealers or restaurants.

I am happy to pay for it, I am not asking for freebies

I think you may have got the wrong idea about stalkers and what happens to deer, you might get some rabbits though.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hello Sam and welcome from the north. Up here we tend to use almost every scrap of meat here at home, for giving to friends and family and of course for adding to the "bartering system" - - especially where bottles of Malt are concerned. However a close relative has a Leonberger which she feeds only on raw meat. It eats the venison bones of all the Deer I get as well as chicken carcases from our Butcher.The dog appears to really thrive on this diet.
    Get into the "bartering system" with your own Butcher - - he may be delighted to give you bones, off-cuts, waste meat etc for a dram or two.

" not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

We feed panda entirely on raw meat also and he needs different meat sources, its far too expensive to buy venison from the supermarket so I thought I may be able to buy any excess meat/ carcasses off a stalker. Thanks for the tips, I will speak to my local butcher, I will have to try and find one who does game. Otherwise I guess I will have to keep looking out for road kill

If anyone has any rabbits I can buy I would be interested also

Thanks again for replying