17 hmr

chay

hi i am replacing my 17 hmr i had the ruger m77 laminate stock with stainless matt barrell and realy fancy the anshuts 17 thumbhole can anyone offer their views or experience with this gun thanks

Hi, I’ve just picked up a used Annie 1417 which is the 22lr version. Lovely wood, very nice action and the trigger is very user friendly and easy tom adjust to a nice crisp light pull...I’ve just got to learn how to shoot it now :) Been spoilt by the flat shooting HMR....Just need an hour on paper working out the drop out to 100 yards etc. Very happy with it.

good rifles i use to own one. good trigger from the box. as steve said easy to adjust if you want it lighter. bolts are nice and smooth on them and the thumb hole stock version of the 1417 22lr and 1517 hmr have much better wood then the standard ambi stock.

but then again they cost more so you would expect that. they do two versions of the 1517 hmr a 14 inch barrel model and a 18 inch barrel model. if it was me i would go for the 18 inch model. the 14 inch barrels should never have come out for the hmr.

they only do 5 shot mags for the hmr but know there is a guy off one of the shooting forums who has come up with a 10 shot for them which is always handy.
if you keep a eye out you can pick them up at very good prices secondhand. i found a 22lr with thumbhole stock. scope,mod,and two 10 shot mags for £550 like new.

i also spotted one for steviencknacks above which he snapped up. after knocking down the gun shop a bit on price :lol: that's the welsh in him i think :lol:

to be honest wouldn't bother with hmr personaly, i suffered a lot with ammo problems! an let mine go in the end..
even now around 3 years later i regulary see posts from people with the same problems.
shame because when they first came out they were really, really accurate!

Back