Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do wild Boar like to eat

Regular Poster
    Galloway south west scotland

What do wild Boar like to eat

Do wild Boar like fish?, Ive heard that thay like cakes and bread products! Thay persue worms and things with a vengance, Thay are know to like carrion and are omniverous! I just wondered if thay like fish , fish leftovers ect Trimmings and bits of smoked fish!, How about crab? are thay known to eat crab ect?

Looking forward to your replies!.

ATB Barry

Pigs, both wild & domestic are true omnivores, they will I have no doubt enjoy eating fish.atb Tim

apple pulp, they can't get enough of it
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I shot a fallow end of december last year and left the gralloch out for a fox. A couple of hours into darkness and a family of boar appeared, once they got wind of gralloch they were straight on it. They were a bit spooky (might of been my scent) but they ate about half of it before the party was broken up.

As far as I know, they will eat anything, same as domestic pigs. Which is why they're so successful as a species. In some parts of France, they come into town to raid bins and forage around the place, much like foxes do here or racoons and black bears in North America.

Yea Fish is good Barry bring some over i will show you my set up
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

try (dead) chicken chicks. Not allowed anymore in Germany or the Netherlands, but the wild boar loved it!

They use beets I think in Poland

meat and pigs guys, not sure about that?

Anyone watched a film called Snatch, find a quote below.
    Brick Top: You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.
    Sol: Would someone mind telling me, who are you?
    Brick Top: And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".
    Vinny: Well, thank you for that. That's a great weight off me mind. Now, if you wouldn't mind telling me who the f**k you are, apart from someone who feeds people to pigs of course?
    Deer stalking and fly fishing opportunities in Devon