Thread: Hallo from Perthshire

Hallo from Perthshire

As my wife would no doubt point out more bluntly than I, I am passionate about deer and deer stalking. My first outing with rifle to the hill was over a quarter of a century ago to the Flow Country of Caithness and from that day on I was hooked. After taking stalking holidays for a few years I decided that I wished to become more involved in the sport and a house move 18 years ago to a spot adjacent to a large forest in Scotland's central belt offered the chance to join a syndicate for Roe. There I came under the wing of some very knowledgeable people who taught me a great deal and laid the foundations for what has become my principal sport. Soon after I joined two other syndicates, both in Lanarkshire and both prolific, which gave me the opportunity to learn a great deal about Roe, their lives, and how to stalk them.
    I then moved to Perthshire where I have been lucky enough to rent stalking on an amazingly pretty small estate locally, mainly for red deer but with some roe. I also manage the roe population on a private estate nearby and as part of a small syndicate we look after the red and roe deer in a maturing block of forestry. I remain in my original syndicate for occasional visits to once favourite haunts (and my dog recognises each and every one of them when we get there).
    I have DSC 1&2 and enjoy every chance to add to my learning and experience. I started off with a .234 Mannlicher Luxus followed soon by a .270 of the same make. I now have a .243 and a .260, both built for me. I enjoy modern optics and some of the more useful gadgets, and discovered the pleasures of the sound moderator a few years ago. That said I am an out an out fan of the stalk and love getting in close when the opportunity allows.
    I also fish for Salmon (my other passion) and trout, shoot, and walk our two dogs.

Welcome aboard. I think you will see that our taste in muskets is very similar. Regards JCS

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

welcome to the site .which part of perthshire do you do your stalking

Glen Lednock, a forest near Crieff and Auchterarder Midge. You?

welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    Glen Lednock, a forest near Crieff and Auchterarder Midge. You?
    i stalk up at aberfeldy to kenmore