Snipersystems long Bipod

timbrayford

Has anyone got one of the snipersystems long bipods (13"-27"), are they any better and lighter than the Harris? atb Tim

Tim,

Can't fault it - build quality good and the ease of adjustment of the tilt is nice too (wing handle rather than the knurked knob, so easier to use). 27in is 4 higher than the Harris - haven't got one to compare directly, but have no issue with this one on height at all. So better? - at least as good and yes if you factor price. Lighter? - comparing 9-13's then marginally, yes.

HTH

I got a snipersystems bipod and what I found is that the rubber pads that are suposed to prevent damage to your stock are not glued on well enough. They're not long or wide enough either allowing them to slip down during use so the metal comes into contact with the stock and damages it. I was not a happy bunny.
I supose this may not be an issue if you have a synthetic stock but be warned if you have a nice bit of wood. I know they're cheaper but I'd save the pennies and get a Harris instead.

I have the 9-13 inch sniper systems bipod. I bought it as a direct match for a Harris, to stop me having to swap the Harris from gun to gun.
I found the build quality not as good, and generally found it lacking the 'feel' of the Harris. A number of things, nothing major in itself, but all together I found I preferred th Harris.
Next time I bought a bipod it was a Harris, at almost twice the price I got the SS one for!

I got a snipersystems bipod and what I found is that the rubber pads that are suposed to prevent damage to your stock are not glued on well enough.

I had the same thing with a Rockmount and also a Deben, never happened with both Harris units I have.

And the company that sell the sniper systems stuff aren't the best. In fact they're a bunch of sheisters and their customer service is appalling. I'd steer well clear!

i have a snipersystems bipod and think its outstanding.....cant fault it. i have mine on a sako 75 deluxe....no markings at all. i would have no hesitation in recommending them and infact i have to every shooter i know. cheers

Thanks for the advice, I already have the Harris version but I am looking to buy a second bipod and wished to find out if there was anything lighter and improved available as the Harris design has been around a while. Given what has been said I think that I am most likely to get another Harris, unless someone has another make that they can recommend. atb Tim

i had one, it fell to bits and sent it back got a full refund (with haggling and soliciters letter).

i always stick to harris and had no probs with them.

snipersystems bipod a big no no for me im afraid!!.

Thanks for the advice, I already have the Harris version but I am looking to buy a second bipod and wished to find out if there was anything lighter and improved available as the Harris design has been around a while. Given what has been said I think that I am most likely to get another Harris, unless someone has another make that they can recommend. atb Tim

I don't like the Harris range at all, and the GlobalRifle alternative doesn't offer anything novel. Both are nasty, old-fashioned, agricultural, and have exposed springs which rip up your hands and catch on the fluffy inside of gunslips. This drawback in their design means they pick up mud, leaves, and other detritus.

I use B-Square now, and have bought several plus a single leg-extension kit which I swap around. These are smooth, quick, and reversible in both directions. They also do a full rotate model, as well as the usual fixed and horizontal cant models.

I don't like the Harris range at all, and the GlobalRifle alternative doesn't offer anything novel. Both are nasty, old-fashioned, agricultural, and have exposed springs which rip up your hands and catch on the fluffy inside of gunslips. This drawback in their design means they pick up mud, leaves, and other detritus.

I use B-Square now, and have bought several plus a single leg-extension kit which I swap around. These are smooth, quick, and reversible in both directions. They also do a full rotate model, as well as the usual fixed and horizontal cant models.
I haven't heard of these, who stocks them and are they any lighter than the Harris? atb Tim

Back