It's a funny world

Wills

Sat next to a chap at my graduation and we end up chatting about deer stalking. I never mentioned I did it nor wore anything to lead someone to talk about it but he initiated the whole conversation. Never met him before in my life..all very odd. So..anyone else had these out of the blue discussions?

I had someone come out with, "you do a bit of shooting I hear?"

never met him before, people may have pointed you out as a fellow shooter.

I find it weird that you went to your graduation when you could have been out there earning money. :lol:.

Oh and loads of out of the blue conversations. Happens less these days. Usually along the lines of weirdo alert, lets find something to throw him off. :D

At a dinner party, the guy next to me announced he collects Dr Who Daleks, and has several full size ones,
how I kept a sraight face I dont know,

I will the bore anyone on the subject of stalking, firearms etc. Never had any problems with swivel-eyed, foaming antis. The upside is it can pay off. I was at a conference on EU tender funding regulations :zzz: about 70 miles from home, turns out the bloke I'm sat next to is a landowner (only a few miles from me) who has a small resident deer population and he's quite happy to let me look after it.

At a dinner party, the guy next to me announced he collects Dr Who Daleks, and has several full size ones,
how I kept a sraight face I dont know,
The parents of one of my son's classmates say that they have a Dalek in their shower!

I've had parents at my kids school walk up to me and ask to buy venison - having never spoken to me before! Also had parents shout abuse about shooting whilst dropping the kids off! But then again I also had a parent (French EUMP's wife) wink at me everytime I saw her outside school, as I shot out the back of her house and she used to see walk past!! (she was fit too)!!!

T

Back