Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold feet

cold feet

Any recomendations for some good high seat socks, my bloody feet were freezing today despite wearing high boots and 2 pairs of socks.
    any ideas?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

I normally wear a thin pair of liner socks and then a thick pair over teh top. I've got some of the SealSkinz long socks that keep me pretty toasty!

Whatever you wear, watch your socks and wellie/boots are not too tight as that makes the situation worse by restricting your circulation.

I'd have a browse on Cabelas and have a look at some of the boots designed for the serious cold the Yanks and Canadians get...

I use ski soaks, try TKMAX they have some really good deals from time to time.

Wear a pair of Muck boots. They are neoprene, a great fit and you can wear standard socks. They go down to -10 with ease and no extras required!

Normal socks then sealskins and boots not wellies

the word is harkila

get some of these socks job done

Good leather boots will always be warmer than wellies - even Neoprene lined ones. If they are too tight - too many or too thick socks your feet will be cold.

And make sure your core body is warm - build up some heat by a good walk into your high seat. Thermal underwear and lightweight down jacket - work wonders as well. Don't get over heated and sweaty on the walk in - better to walk in and then put extra clothing on before sitting still.

Also have something to munch on whilst you wait - keeps the energy levels up and thus warmth.

I was always a two pair sort of bloke until I discovered Harkila. They make astoundingly good socks. I was stood in the snow yesterday for hours with one pair of Harkila socks under a pair of Nora wellies (you know, dairy wellies, not thick, not lined) and my feet remained toasty.

As someone also pointed out, Muck/Grub boots are damn good too...but beware of the stench after prolonged wear!!

Been using thorlo socks for years can't find anything better .
    very hard wearing.