hydrographics

grousekeeper

after talking on hear about rifle coating i went ahead and and got a hydrographics diping kit. after a bit of practice and runing out of tubs to dip the 22lr came out with its sinthetic stock looking drab and used so that was the next thing to do other wise the hole house fittings wer going to be realtree.
Just thort id share with u guys just incase you wanted to save some cash and like to do a bit of the more simple gun DIY
diping 001.jpg

as you can see the scope and mod got the dip as well as i thort ther was no point in stoping with the stock and the only things i have left is the muises of my more exspencive pride and joys :D

ATB tim

Foxpro

Looks great Tim, did you do the Foxpro also? Recon there may be a few on here that would fancy theirs being coated.

well done. that looks good. and as you say a quick and easy tidy up for any rifle or worn parts

ye did the fox pro it gets a bit adictive lol if ne one has ne cheep stocks for sale i can practice on then let me no lol

wer in scotland are you was going to do some pic frames dont no if ne one ould be interested might be abul to sneek a bit of realtree in the house without the muisis knowing lol

That looks a great job mate!:thumb:
I wasn't aware that such a DIY product was available though!
Is it from the Hydrographic' company?
I assume it must be or there would be copyright issues. Have you got a link to where it can be sourced? I have a Sako below which I bought already done but the scope and bipod are still black. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable coating a Swarovski myself though!:scared:
MS:lol:

View attachment 13866

After a bit of 'Googling', I've found this on Youtube - it looks quite simple and there are DIY kits available, even on Ebay!!!

MS:D

I was thinking about one of these kits. How did you mask off the speaker before dipping? Even though they're rain proof I was worried that fully dunking it in water would shag the speaker.

Mel

i took it out and just did the shell then put it back together just be carefull with the circuit bord as the some can burn out with the grease from your fingers (so i have been told) i just latex gloves wen in doing it

ATB tim

i took it out and just did the shell then put it back together just be carefull with the circuit bord as the some can burn out with the grease from your fingers (so i have been told) i just latex gloves wen in doing it

ATB tim

and just so you no foxpros are not water proof in one bit so it would def do it in if you dip with the workings in side

Hmmm I have a scope that has gone a strange colour. Sort of bronze. Seems some display cabinet bulbs give off something and it's reacted with the annodised finish. Have been wondering about getting a paint finish but it needs to be plain. Not interested in cammo or funky stripes etc.

Have to give this some more thought.

I will try to take a couple of photos of the scope in the morning so you can see the strange colour it has gone. It's not an expensive branded scope so cannot justify spending much on it but the optics are good.

Back