trophy heads

gem

could someone enlighting me as to how heads are measured also who and where are heads done offically

The system varies according to the species.
For example Roe have to dipped in water for volume measurement and
Chinese Water Deer have their tusks measured at the point of eruption from the gum to tip and the circumference being taken at the gum also.
CIC UK are usually at Game Fairs etc. Heads may also be measured by BASC but if memory serves me correctly they are not CIC approved.

HWH.
HWH.

thanks for the info will try and get to a game fair or two just to have a look at what makes a trophy

If you put untied kingdom permanent national trophy commission into your search engine you should find the ukcic website. There will be a list of the gamefairs that they attend and contact details for the measurers around the country.

Ys

Chris

You can post roe trophies directly to Richard Prior, might be easier and cheaper than taking them to a Game Fair.

D

thank guys sorry for slow reply ill have alook at that website any idea how to get richard priors address

You can post roe trophies directly to Richard Prior, might be easier and cheaper than taking them to a Game Fair.

D

Cyres, Gem,

Regrettably Richard Prior is no longer measuring trophies (see Shooting Times ; please see www.cictrophy.com for details of how to get your head measured, which can be done by CIC measurers during a home visit or by post if you cannot make one of the Game Fairs. Charges for measurement are the same wherever they are measured!

TDW

Hi, Dominic Griffith is measuring for BASC at the main game fairs and you can also send heads to him via post to be measured if you wish. Call the BASC if you want his details.

All the best,

M

As far as I know Dominic Griffiths is not an official CIC measurer now.

HWH.
some time ago i had a water deer done , the taxidermist got it measured by dominic griffiths under the basc measurements i had to wait two years for the certificate and medal which was an awfull looking thing , never again . I used to nip down to Richard Priors house and he would give you a coffee and have a chat with you while he measured them , a true gent . Mr Priors son in law does it now but some say hes a wally

cic for me , there are measurers on here and they will do it at home and give you a cup of tea too at no extra charge :D

RP measured a roe for me last year, did it by post and e mail, it was a pleasure to deal with him. Sad he is still not on the list, he has probably forgotten more about roe and roe stalking than we all collective know.

its a sad day.

D

For a Roe Buck the CIC will charge £15 to measure the head, provide a certificate and record it in the CIC records. These are held on a national data base and a European one. The cost of the medal regardless of colour, if required is also £15. There is no charge for heads which fail to score.

Back