Cluson lamp mounts

jack

Can anyone tell me how these connect to the lamp or what fitment it is.
(A25) 25/30mm Dual Gun Mounting Kit - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.
Do you then use a scope ring clamped round the (SSCP7) light to mount to the mount?

The problem I have is I have an LED lamp (Trustfire SSC P7)

TrustFire SSC P7-C 900-Lumen LED Flashlight (2*18650/17670) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

and I have not got the mount to connect it to the scope body Meopta 7x50.
Also not sure the best position for the light to minimise glare or refllection from the scope body, ie to have the light positioned with the bulb end parallel in a vertical plane with the scope objective or further back?

The mount I have is this one:
Universal Gun Mount with Hex Wrench - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

But there is not the clearance between the objective of the scope and the light.

Hope that makes sense.

gunmount

Hi mate,the mount you picture is the old style mounting system for the lazerlight,the lamp screws into the top of the mount,have a look at cluson site and you will see they now do a superb mounting system that fits 1 inch or 30mm scope bodies,look at the shooterlight for instance,what I did was to get an old scope mount,drill it and then attach it to the fork on the mount with a nut and bolt,I am not at home at mo so cant put a picture up[sorry]the other slightly heath robinson but effective is to get an old mount,attach it to your scope body upside down,then self tap a jubilee clip onto the flat part and mount your torch in that.

Hornet, very good suggestion. Jack call me and you can come and look at my assorted cluson mounts.

Agree Cluson mount is by far the best on the market, but they will not sell it as a seperate unit.

Pity somebody in China wont make a 1" 0r 30mm holder whch you could then screw straight into any standard Cluson mount.

D

Agree Cluson mount is by far the best on the market, but they will not sell it as a seperate unit.

D

They will if you catch them at a show, bought mine at the Midland.
Also got one for a mate by getting a local stockist to order one.

Neil. :)

Well you were a very lucky man. Point blank refused to sell me one and 2yrs on still waiting for the Sportsman to get me one.

If you could just get me a couple of the 1" dia holders which screw into the top of the mount I would be a friend for life!!!!!!!

I have 3 assorted Cluson mounts (30mm and 1") but need the bit on the top that holds the torch.

D

I've only just read this, thanks for your comments.
I had a look on the Cluson web site and you can buy the scope clamp for £30 +VAT but not the lamp clamp, which is what David finds hard to buy.

Looking at the LED lamps they sell one for £47+VAT including the £30 clamp and the lamp clamp which may have the same diameter as the body on my LED light?
Lamp and clamp: (MG125) Super Bright Rechargeable Led Gun Light - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.

Mount: (A36) Shootalite Dual Gun Mount 25/30mm - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.

I'll phone them tomorow to see what they say.

Thanks for the offer David, I may well be in touch.

Jack,

Deben make a system which includes a ring that goes on the scope. This has a rail on it. You then mount the torch in a conventional mount, and fix it to the rail on the scope.

http://www.deben.com/mounts/tracer-ledray-mount-kit.html

The torch can be taken on and off very easily. The mounting ring stays on the scope.

EDIT - The above is the Deben version of the sportsmatch one shown in the post above. The SM one is cheaper. Either way, I would suggest that an easily seperated system is the way forward. It saves fiddling about.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Last edited:
As above, but put the rail mount on the lamp, the rail is the expensive part, a set of cheap weaver rings is about £7.50.
I have one lamp, but 3 rifles, I use a Deben ring and rail set, and an extra pair of rings, lamp swaps from rifle to rifle easily.

Neil. :)

Neil,

Excellent. I only mount a torch on my rimfire at the moment, but that is the way forward if I ever want to mount onto one of the centrefires as well.

Cheers,

Bob

Hornet,

Just spent 30 mins in the garage, drilled and filled a 1" ring now securely screwed onto a Cluson mount, so problem solved, thanks for the idea.

D

Back