Thread: Crohns and colitis stalking auction

Crohns and colitis stalking auction

Hi all i travelled up to heartfordshire on saturday morning to meet up with landy who was to take me stalking for fallow and muntjac after i won the auction a couple of months earlier for crohns and colitis charity. I walked into the clubhouse and was met with mug of tea and landy appeared. We spent an hour talking about all aspects of stalking. After drinking tea landy took me out to the range to zero my rifle and i found it to be spot on with three shots. Other members of the club had set up a target at 200 yards and i was asked if i would like to shoot a group to see how i would get on. I set my rifle up and looked at the target that i could only just see, because i have a fixed scope, but decided to give it a go anyway. Walking up to the target i got a real suprise to see that i had a really good group, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200 yard shot.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	409.7 KB 
ID:	13696 and landy said its the best group of the day. After my head stopped swelling landy and i got our kit together and went out for the evening stalk. The walk to the highseat was about 150 yards and on the way we spotted a group of 4 fallow that quickly moved off into the trees so we climbed into the highseat and began to wait. After about 20 mins a group of fallow appeared from my left hand side moving across the open land into the trees on the far side of the wood. Landy did say they looked spooked and as a result no shot taken. About 20 mins later a really nice munty buck appeared and landy said take the shot and as a result i bagged a cracking buck. The light began to fade and we went back to the clubhouse to gralloch my buck and have dinner. Once at the club i galloched my munty with the help of a few members of the club and went in for a dinner of braised fallow and home made sponge pudding and a beer and then went to bed. Landy woke me at 4am and we drank tea before going out for the morning stalk that was to be in a different area of the land covering a woodland ride. We waited a long time with no fallow showing but just before we were due to pack up, landy spotted a munty buck in some bushes and i was told to take the shot, result another really nice buck and im now into double figures with muntys. Pleased as punch we returned to the clubhouse to galloch the buck and then had a great breakfast. I have had a really great weekend and would like to thank munty1 who owns the gap180 deer management club and also a big thanks to landy for putting up with me. Also a big thank you to all the members of the club with help and advice and i really have learned alot this week end and would recommend the stalking here to anybody many many thanks biker1

Good write up, sounds like you had a great time.

yes mate a great time with good company and a few lessons learned

Great stuff, well done guys!

Tony , It was a pleasure to meet you , I am pleased you enjoyed yourself , sorry we didnt get the Fallow you were after but hopefully next time . Just sorry that The Singing Stalker couldnt join us .

Its always good to meet like minded people

Keep in touch mate

Cheers Dick

Glad it worked out well. Chuffed you got a few. Well done. I'm really annoyed I couldn't go. But had my stitches out today. So I am actively looking for some local stalking now that I can think beyond my belly button.

It's great that you can go out and learn lots as well, For me it's all about like minded people having a laugh and gaining experience.
    I have a jar of local honey from my suicidal bees (They keep trying to sting me) with your name on it for winning and if I ever manage to meet Landy and Muntie1 I will have some for them as well for their generosity of hosting the stalk for the charity.
    Actually I have had an idea. I'll PM you next week. Need to check something.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Sounds like you had a great time and well done on the group not bad for fixed mag at 200 yards.

“Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”
    ― Criss Jami