Just received the results from last year’s tracking fromRudi van Kets’s tracking group, vlaamse zweethondengroep . The members have to complete a detailed form each time they complete a track.
As is to be expected it makes for interesting reading.
A few figures:
· 170 wounded animals were tracked as well as 50control searches, 112 roe, 45 wild boar and 11 stags.
· Excluding the control searches 58% of the Game was found.
· Bavarians with 33% and Hanoverians with 30% did most of the tracking but 2 Slovenski Kopov’s, a breed we hardly know here,found 29% of all the Game.
· 29% was found within 100 yards, 26% within 200, 24% within 500 and 10% above 1KM.
· Front leg and stomach were the most prevalent wounds.
· 12% was tracked without there being any blood.
· 42% were tracked within 4 hours, 35% within 4-12hours, 20% between 12-24 hours and 3% of the tracks were older than 24 hours.
All this with 28 members, an impressive result.