Montana Lion

mtlion

Greetings from across the pond,

I have been a hunter (stalker?) my entire life. I have been carrying my own weapon afield for 24 years and have taken many species including mule deer, whitetail deer, wapiti (elk), pronghorn, black bear, mountain lion, sitka blacktail deer, javelina, and turkey. In addition my wife has a great number of animals to her own gun and I have been along for every one. Most of my hunting has been in my home state of Montana, but I have been to Alaska twice for bear and deer and successfully hunted javelina in Arizona this year. Having undertaken some long range trips I have now set my sights across the pond and through a friend was directed to this site.

Professionally I am trained in fish and wildife management and hold a BS in Biological Sciences and and a MS in Fish and Wildlife Management. I recently completed my Master's and as of yet I am unemploeyd but I am currently going through the interview process. Hopefully by next week I can say I am gainfully employed.

I look forward to learning more about stalking in your country and can't wait to give it a try myself. There are some very beautiful deer in your part of the world, in particular I really like the looks of a nice roe buck.

Here is a picture of a mule deer buck I took in 2011 so you can put a face to the screen name.
8487858e.jpg

Attachments

• 8487858e.jpg
    8487858e.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
A warm welcome to another American, there are a couple on here already.
I am planning a trip to Big Sky later this year.
Cheers
Richard

Welcome.
Always a pleasure to see another Hunter from the States on the Forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

Yorkie.

Thanks for the greetings all. @Richard I'm glad to hear you are planning a trip over. I am sure you will enjoy yourself, Montana has a lot to offer ;)

Hi and welcome. The Roe Buck season begins tomorrow until end of October in England and Wales. I'll be in BC later this year but Montana doesn't look that close. Best of luck with getting the job and hopefully getting to cull a Roe Buck in UK.
Regards Simon.

What map are you looking at Simon?
BC and Montana border each other, hopefully i will be able to wave to you as i might be in Montana then.
You hunting with an outfitter, on your own, or jsut sight seeing?
Cheers
Richard

Hi Fellah

Always interesting to read about other peoples hunting/shooting/outdoor exploits from other parts of the world - welcome and keep us posted!

Regards
L

Back