Husqvarna 365 chainsaw new model

Tamus

My 3 year old Husky 365 chainsaw was nicked out of the back of my pick-up a couple of months back. Theiving gits!

Anyhow, after a load of faffing about where my insurers tried to palm me off with an offer that was £150 shy of what they should have paid a which resulted in me having to complain and threaten invocation of the Financial Services Obudsman, the correct amount of payout finally arrived in my bank account yesterday.

I intended just buying the same model of saw again but now I find the spec has changed. It reads well, new "X torq" engine, up by about 5cc in capacity from the old one (to 71cc) power up from 3.4kw to 3.6kw, weight almost the same and noise levels down, all good stuff... on paper.

Have any of you tried this new model and have you any comments to make on it before I part with my cash? all £444.66 of it.

Incidentally, the old saw fitted my needs beautifully, with a 20" bar, so I would not think a dinky little 50cc model will cut the mustard at all. And... as it happens I do have an ancient 47cc Husky with a 14" bar anyway, just in case someone thinks I don't need the power of the 365.

Stihl everytime!

:stir:

You're probably right and if I could pass the costs on to customers I would maybe "turn"... but I'm just felling trees and doing maintainance for my own needs and Huskies are good (my old wee one has been brashing and logging for 20 years already). So, the few hundred quid extra for the Stihl stays in my pocket.

I Bought a
Husqvarna 435 Chainsaw with Spare Chain 9651673351Excl. VAT: £224.99
Incl. VAT: £269.99
from sales@tools4thegarden.co.uk and I am very pleased with it other than hitting a nail and having to change for spare I thought it was good value!
Bill

Tamus
same happened to me i had 3 stihl chainsaws nicked and replaced them with huskys
i have the new 365 with 20 inch bar fitted , its pretty good , cant fault it

Tamus
same happened to me i had 3 stihl chainsaws nicked and replaced them with huskys
i have the new 365 with 20 inch bar fitted , its pretty good , cant fault it

Good!

I thought it would likely be OK, going by experience of the old model and the sales blurb on the new one, but it's nice to have another opinon.

So, order placed.

Thanks.

ps. Sorry to hear you lost your saws too, there seems to have been a lot of "visitors" helping themselves to stuff in the South of Scotland recently. The Big Constable who logged my loss said something about "travelling folk" in the area. No idea what he meant :rolleyes: .....but if he really knew who to suspect I dunno why it doesn't get dealt with.

I have a 372 24" bar which is brilliant. I have to say most of the pro forestry guys (of which I am not one) seem to use Huskies.

David.

Incidentally, the old saw fitted my needs beautifully, with a 20" bar, so I would not think a dinky little 50cc model will cut the mustard at all.

It seems you favour long barrels and long bars...

346XP user here... it's not the size of it that counts... :coat:

:lol:

It seems you favour long barrels and long bars...

346XP user here... it's not the size of it that counts... :coat:

:lol:

I'm sure Freud would have had something to say about it too, but my wife consoles me with her assurances... and she's a nurse.:D:D

The truth is we've a lot of old beech, sycamore and ash... and some fairly hefty ancient norway spruce.... and... we live in the wind farm "Capital of Europe", as Upper Clydesdale has recently been declared. So, regular and plentiful supplies of wind blown trees some with trunks in the 4-5 feet diameter range.

Though now that I think about it, maybe I should have gone for the 24" Bar and it would have matched my .30-06 instead of just yours ;)

A lot of professionals down here changed from Stihl to Husqvarna the last years. I don't see any of them going back to Stihl.
Husqvarna seems to start easier, which isn't a bad thing for an amateur.

I just bought a jolly 135 chainsaw sharpener i have just ordered a few new bits from midland tool company and hopefully i can bin my file

Mark

Can you try one before parting with cash ?
The new models are not always better, ask anybody who has just bought a new Stihl MS201T.
The new saws are all being produced to cut down on emissions, this has resulted in many saws now producing
their HP and Torque further up the rev range, this makes them more tricky to use.
My Stihl MS200T is a brilliant bit of kit, I bought the very last one the local agricultural supplies could get hold of.
A week later a mate when in and bought the new spec 201T, he is so disappointed in it. On paper it has the same HP
and Torque, they just happen further up the rev range, makes it a pain to use, and very easy to bog down under load.
The same thing is happening to brush-cutters, I have an old Stihl that desperately needs replacing but nothing in the new
line up comes close, not sure what is going to happen now, I have one of the Stihl 2 stroke 4 stroke power heads, gutless
is the best description for it, it has been very reliable and easy to start/use, just hasn't got the power to do what older units did easily.

Neil. :)

If you are buying a Husky get a quote from World of Power website. Cheapest I have found.

Sthil versus Husky....no competition. Husky XP every time.

Proud owner of 338xpt
242xp
357xp
395xp

I run the stihl MS 361 pro model, but was tempted to go for the 371xp. It gets great reports so if you want and need the extra capacity, it seems to be a good saw.

Husky 262 xp when i worked as a pro feller in the 90s these where the saw and IMHO are stihl up there with the very best :thumb:

Back