Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot 2012.

Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot 2012.

Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot 2012.

The proposed date of this year's shoot is the weekend of the 23rd or 24th June. The location will be the same as the last two years which is the tunnel range at Monmouth and the format will remain pretty much the same although different targets may be used this year. If you are seriously interested in attending please let me know if the dates clash with anything else of significant importance and suggest alternative dates. Also let me know if you have any suggestions for improving the shoot in any way and we will see what we can do.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

mike if it aint broke dont fix it see you in june regards pete .

Count me in

Yep agree with Roedinator. Great event I'll be there. Be sure to call or pm if you need anything. Lot of work for one guy.

I fancy a trip up there this year and I'm free for that weekend (just checked with the house commandant). Anyone else from the Somerset/Devon border area want to share a lift let me know.
    A pat on the back is often just a recce for the knife.

Yes dates ok Mike regards Steve

The ball has started rolling once again and I will post details of the shoot in the next couple of days and look forward to meeting up with you old friends in June, with perhaps a few new friends this year also. Roedinator has yet once more plunged straight in with a very generous offer of a day roe stalking as a prize with the winner being able to take the carcass home with them. The stalking in Somerset to be taken at a date convenient to both. Roedinator has been extremely generous to this event over the last two years and it is very much apreciated as has the other donations made by site members that have made this event a success. I just ask that you don't applaud him when he does his moderator projectile trick this year, and I promise that it was pure coincidence that he should win a moderator in the prize draw. The feedback that I have received so far indicates that the site members want to keep things pretty much as in the last two years. If anyone new to the site wants further information and can't wait until I post the details in the next few days can I suggest that they might like to look back at the information posted for the two previous shoots. Now lets get praying that the weather will be fine towards the end of June as although an indoor event it will make the week-end more enjoyable.

Well guys we have got off to a very good start allready with Roedinator yet again donating a day roe stalking in Somerset as a prize. The stalking to be taken at a date mutually agreeable with the winner and also the winner gets to take the carcass home with them. As in previous years this will be a prize in the draw to be held at the shoot. Any site member wishing to buy tickets for the draw will be able to buy them from me and we will hold them on their behalf, details to follow shortly. Got to rush now, I'm going to see a man about a dog (GWP).

Sporting Rifle Shoot – in the form of a stalkers test.

Sunday 24th June 2012 – at Monmouth & District Rifle Club.

Open to – members of The Stalking Directory, the members of Monmouth & District Rifle Club, and their guests.

To enter send a private message to 8x57 giving your name and email address and details will be emailed direct to you. It is not possible to send all the information via the private message ssystem used on the Stalking Directory website.

All shooters must pre-register you cannot simply turn up on the day.

A friendly get together for all like minded shooters with the opportunity to use your sporting rifles both rimfire and centrefire, and to practise various shooting positions on sporting type targets. All monies raised including range fees will be donated to the H4H fund (Help for Heroes).
    This is intended to be a friendly social event so new or inexperienced shooters should not feel intimidated, simply register come along and meet fellow members of the site and have a go. Any person taking this event too seriously (except safety) will be disqualified immediately.

Course of fire (all at 100yds) Targets are Roe type targets.
    2 rounds prone.
    2 rounds sitting.
    2 rounds kneeling.
    2 rounds standing.
    2 rounds simulated high seat.

This is a re-entry event and the course of fire will be repeated as often as you like, as long as you keep paying the modest range fee which will all go to H4H.
    To encourage good shooting prizes may be presented for each of the three classes and an overall winner’s trophy will be awarded to the shooter with the highest combined score having shot in all three classes.

Classes are; Rimfire rifle, vermin/small deer rifle, large deer rifle.

The main event will be held on Sunday 24th June but for those who will be in the area on Saturday 23rd there will the opportunity to shoot that afternoon if you wish thereby easing up range space. The start time on Sunday will be at 10 a.m. with shooting taking part throughout the day.