Andrew Banner, Wildcat moddies dead.

Thar

I have picked this up off another site, Andrew Banner the owner of Wildcat custom rifles and manufacturer of the range of Wildcat moderators including the P8 has died, I know he has been in poor health for a few years but I know not the exact cause of his death. His family will continue to run the business.

My sympathy for his family and friends at this difficult time.

Tahr

Last edited:
Andrews shop is 10 mins away from my house in Worcester. i was told on Tuesday about his passing from a local gunsmith who use to work for him.
he hasn't been very well at all. i think it was leukemia

such a shame really he was only in his 50's and has a young sons. who has been running the shop well he has been bad.

rip andy

Last edited:
So sorry to hear this but it does explain why an email to the company sent two weeks ago went unanswered.

Very sad indeed. He was a helpful chap too or so i found when I phoned with some questions about my P8.

I knew Andy quite well. I bought four different rifles from him, really easy to do buisness with and allways a pleasure to deal with. Spent many a happy evening sitting on his couch drinking coffee talkin shooting and rifles. A REAL gent and general good bloke, I'll really miss him. Yes he has two sons who are a credit to him, very well bought up nice lads, not to mention his wife who sacrificed her own home whilst he built the buisness.
The world is a poorer place without him, trust me. Rest in peace mate.
Paul

P.S. yes it was Leukeima

i did have my up and downs with andrew over the last few years but thats just buisness his passing is a shock at his early age and i feel for his family R.I.P Andrew.

Dave.

Terrible news and sympathies go out to his family and friends. I have four Wildcat mods and have been to see Andrew a few times (back before he set up the shop) and he was certainly dedicated to the cause! People who knew him will know what I mean... It was a case of move the pile of moderators, rifles, barrels etc and find yourself somewhere to sit down in the lounge :D

I hope the business he worked so hard to set up continues to thrive.

Alex

p.s. a few comments will be removed from this thread. Not the time or the place.

csl/Alex
Thanks for that, you're quite right. I maybe over reacted in responce to a post. Andy was someone I got on very well with and have alot of good memories of. Your comments made me chuckle, as you said people who knew him will know exactly what you're talking about, his front room was his shop.
Paul

Blimey
It's been a few years but Andy used to shoot with us when I first started out as a keeper
I remember the day he missed an easy fox infront of me
To this day he stills owes me that fox
I may never get that back but will still hav the memories of some of the good days back then
Sorry to hear of such sad news

Back