Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Stalking in Speyside

Roe Stalking in Speyside

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can recommend where I might get (pay for) a morning's Roe Buck stalking nr Grantown on Spey in the first week of May?

I'll be on my honeymoon from the 4th in a local hotel & my wife to be has given me a pass out to go after a buck one morning, I'm not after any trophy buck just the buzz of getting out with the rifle whilst on honeymoon!

As I'm new to this site I'm not sure on the protocol of asking for recommendations on something that will be paid for

Bloody hell you must of racked up some brownie points to get a stalk on your honeymoon.

Soory can't help though.

Cheshire lad
    May I be the first to congratulate you on your first permission as a forthcomming married man , what a very understanding lady you have ! BlimeyJust make sure you pack your rifle and not your gun ! One is for fighting one is for fun!! pack both (clich'e) eh. no help on the Buck front I am afraid, I have no speyside experience . Just thought you sent a decent post .You will get your wish sure of it!
    regards Trapper

Fair play to you mate, you tell her.
    "This is how it`s going to be"
    Honestly though, have a good day and all the best to you both.

Thanks for the response & congrat's guys.

She's a really understanding country type of lass, couldn't ask for a more easy going fiance'.

I do all the game cookery in our house, so suppose that builds up brownie points

Well Rob,

Got to take my hat off to you, getting the wife to be to allow you a mornings Roe stalking during your honeymoon takes some doing

Anyway if it was down south I could accomodate you, but as it isnt try this guy

He is a good chap, honest as well and he will probably be able to point you in the right place.

All the best to you

Perhaps you would be better going for a trophy as this might be your last time out , she might have her own plans.

Give me a week or 2 and I will try to get you something. The place I have in mind is usually fully booked at the beginning of May, but my mate might let me take you out. If not there are other people in the area that may help you.

Bambislayer might even come along with some ideas and he is from that neck of the woods. He knows the estate I am on about and there would e no disappointment.

Impressed, I would have been totally wiped out had you said your lovely fiance had agreed to carry your rifle too

Well done to you both

Thanks Sikamalc, Jingzy & Rangefinder.

I've heard of Peter Swales before, think he was the bearded chap on the recent "Kill, Cook Eat It".

Be carefull mate! She must be after something.....
    When you first mentioned this idea did she say "Go ahead"? This is the reason I ask:

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F--- YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?'
    For the woman's response refer to # 3.

You will aquire an understanding of these phrases eventually!
    Good luck!