Best .22 Auto with subsonics ?

JRoe

Ok - - I know that semi-autos are not really designed for sub-sonics but I do like using my Brno and Ruger with them. They are both OK but perhaps there are better out there. I'ld like to hear your opinions - - specifically what you think that the best rifle/ ammunition combination may be ?

Looking forward to your answers .

JR

I've used a Savage semi auto for years. Never had a misfeed and in my opinion the trigger and magazine are both better than the bog standard 10/22. You have to keep the action reasonably clean though.

I get funny looks when I pull out a sporterised old match rifle to bash bunnies but if you ever use one you'll fall in love with them. But 10/22 is about as good as the semi autos go.

Funny this, when i first heard about the Sako Quad i thought all the questions had been answered but according what i read on here i wouldn't take one in a gift. My Ruger 77/22 does everything i need without the trouble.

If you're talking bolt action .22s then I believe the finnfire wins...

On a different note the CZ semi autos are a lot less popular here than their b/a rifles. I'm guessing that's because the ruger can be so heavily customized though??

Funny this, when i first heard about the Sako Quad i thought all the questions had been answered but according what i read on here i wouldn't take one in a gift. My Ruger 77/22 does everything i need without the trouble.

not as bad as they make out.
its an oversight in trying to make an extractor claw fit two cartridge designs/sizes.
30 seconds with a needle file and it is sorted.

I had a Ruger and the Sako build quality and accuracy is just as good if not better in places.
few plastic bits which shouldnt be on any gun IMO but I replaced those with aftermarket metal items for a nicer feel

Back