Clean bucks on your grounds?

IanF

Saw my first clean Roe Buck yesterday evening - really looking forward to the buck season!

Gorgeous looking fellow, probably a decent Bronze/low Silver CIC :)

Bring it on.........

Rgds

Ian

Nice one Ian. I saw a really nice 6 pointer clean in Mid feb!!! Yesterday morning I saw 2 clean lads although still quite white and also 4 youngsters, 2 of whom were fraying so clearly getting there. I'm out all day on the 1st this year so lets see what it brings!!

Ha,

Quite a few around now but 1st of the month - whoooooosh. They will all be gone?

Same as walking with rifle / without rifle - drives me mad.

Who was Mr Sod anyway:banghead:

Looking at my records out of the 48 I have seen so far:

22 clean/cleaning
26 in velvet

Last edited:
Was watching 2 clean bucks this evening 1 was a very nice youngster a site better than the older buck that he was with, the older buck was not having him about though tried chasing him off a few times while l watched them, hope the younger beast does not go to far quite like to keep an eye on him.

Been watching a nice one for the last few weeks but looks like being midddle to late april before he'll be clean.

all I can say is,,,first clean one I see on 1/4/12 gets it...LOL............(only joking of course,,,management plans and all that:p)

Saw a big fella clean last night after I took a couple of late cull does, saw one clean a month ago.

Can't wait.

I have spotted four nice bucks over the last 3 weeks but upuntil my last outing on Thursday gone I have not observed any clean ones, althoughI have spotted some scrapings on the trees so they may be well on the way tobeing clean. Have to admit I saw one boy who was about 3 - 4 year old and hehad a cracking head and was a quality beast. I will let him have his fun andhave a look at him in September that is as long as he doesn't stray onto anotherarea and is shot before then. I am clay shooting on Sunday so will have to waituntil Monday early before I am out looking for my first buck of the season.

Have a good Buck season.

Back