Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30mm rings on a budget

30mm rings on a budget

I am looking for a set of decent 30mm rings to mount a NXS 5.5-22x56 to weaver bases, without breaking the bank, any suggestions?

TPS: very well made and excellent value for money

Rings are the last place to cut costs.

That said, Warne fixed rings are excellent and not too expensive at around 60 or 70, been a while since I bought any.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Try these:-

Item number: 330614223832 on e-bay

10.79 + 2.45 P&P Nikko Sterling Warne type copies to fit Weaver bases. I wanted to reasonably priced rings to test outt his scope:-

So brought a set of these Nikko Sterling 30mm rings to go on the P-H 1200V to hold the Falcom menace 7.5 mag CSS scope I picked to try the Mildot reticle They work. I am not keen on vertically split rings as they are usually a bugger to get the scope properly vertical and square.

P.S sorry bout the crappy shot.. My camera was not available so borrowed Mothers which is awful to use.

I'm pretty sure I've got a spare new set of weavers kicking around in my house in the borders, but won't be there until easter weekend..will have a look unless you're sorted in advance

I've got a set of Leupold Tactical rings in steel: I'd sell them so I could get a set of TPS Seriously though, if you want them, make me an offer...

I'm confused!
    Why on earth would you even consider putting a grands worth of glass on some cheap mounts?!
    The scope is only as good as the interface between it and the rifle. You may as well just stick a cheap Tasco on top off an old air rifle and be done with it.
    A decent set won't break the bank either compared to the cost of your scope.
    Buy cheap - BUY TWICE!!!!

Nowhere did I say cheap, I said on a budget. I am not going to stick some crap on, but if you look on the web, everybody says theirs are the best, so I wanted to check the forum to see what folk reccomend.

Hi PM

I have a set of 30mm Warne rings for sale if they any use to you.I need to check what height they are.

Fair comment mate, but I generally find that you get what you pay for when it comes to shooting equipment!