Thread: First time stalking in the UK

First time stalking in the UK

Was out stalking for the first time in this country and it was an enjoyable experience. Took my dad who is visiting me from India. Thanks to Adrian (270wsm) who referred me to Ed (Herbert) in Hereford. We were out last Saturday evening after a long drive from North Wales on Ed's own land looking for Fallow and Roe. Me and my dad were in separate high seats. No luck for me and finished off the evening shooting a fox! My dad sighted a couple roe well out of range though. So, off we went the next morning just before dawn looking Munties with Ed. And will you believe it, I spotted only a fox again!! Dad however, came upon a couple of munties and took out a doe with a head shot. Ed was very good with the arrangements and came across as very knowledgable indeed. Will definitely be back for another go soon.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	677.3 KB 
ID:	14132

Is there hunting of deer/antelope now in India? I would be very interested as my Grampa has got many stories of going on hunts with his uncle when he was a boy.

Unfortunately, there is no legal hunting allowed in India. Most of the old time hunters have continued with the tradition though and are now called poachers by the govt.! There are plenty of animals though and the population increase is causing problems for the farmers.