reloading press

quiteman

Off to the states need a new press what is the best to buy when out there using it to load from fireball and any thing in between up to 6.5 x 55.

Chris

Hi Muir. Is there just one fosters or are there different ones? and will Foster take all the dies i have now!

Last edited:
RCBS for me . Are you sure it will be cheaper to import back into the UK ,the one i own is HEAVY !

Chill

RCBS Rockchucker, I bought mine off Fleabay, the shipping was $45 but I bought other bits and pieces to make it worth while. No regrets though, a cracking piece of kit which will hold it's value.

Redding big boss 2 or rock chucker are superb. If I was starting out again. I would have a wilson press and dies.
But you still need a single stage press for full length sizing if you went wilson route

Hi Muir. Is there just one fosters or are there different ones? and will Foster take all the dies i have now!

Forester only sells one press. The Forester will take standard dies but need Forester locking rings installed on the dies. It does not use shellholders, instead using a set of jaws that open and close on the rim. The ones supplied with the press will do all 308-type rims. You need an additional one for 22 Hornet, 45-70, and some others with rims. With this press, the die is slid sideways into the press using the locking ring for positioning. The die actually floats a bit, as does the cartridge, so they will positively align with each other. It's magnificent machine. Mine was 'borrowed' many years ago and never seen again. The current retail from Midway USA is $249 US. ~Muir

Back