Its been a right wrongun of a weekend so far

Hyperion

What a weekend i'm having, the girl friends house got broken into yesterday morning and the little darlings made off with her bag, house and car keys and fifty quid in notes!

Then about half seven this morning my dogs started fussing so I stuck my head out of the back door and heard a deer screaming, couldn't see where it was comming from at first so ran up stairs and got the binos and had a scan out of the top window and could just see the back end of a spaniel bouncing about in the next field along from the one behind my house.

Grabbed my knife and legged it over to find a large charcoal springer beating the hell out of a yearling roe doe, she was in a very bad way so I finished her and tried to catch the dog, but no luck!

Have just skinned her out and saved what I could, poor begger had bites and puncture wounds from the tip of her nose to the back legs and the right haunch was smashed to bits and the thigh bone broken!

Fuming!

What a weekend i'm having, the girl friends house got broken into yesterday morning and the little darlings made off with her bag, house and car keys and fifty quid in notes!

Then about half seven this morning my dogs started fussing so I stuck my head out of the back door and heard a deer screaming, couldn't see where it was comming from at first so ran up stairs and got the binos and had a scan out of the top window and could just see the back end of a spaniel bouncing about in the next field along from the one behind my house.

Grabbed my knife and legged it over to find a large charcoal springer beating the hell out of a yearling roe doe, she was in a very bad way so I finished her and tried to catch the dog, but no luck!

Have just skinned her out and saved what I could, poor begger had bites and puncture wounds from the tip of her nose to the back legs and the right haunch was smashed to bits and the thigh bone broken!

Fuming!

Poor thing. Had it been hit by a car? I can't imagine a spaniel breaking a thigh bone.

Find the dog and shoot it.~Muir

(Sorry to hear about the break-in.)

We have so many dog walkers round here it could have come from any where, have seen it chasing deer out the back here before though so if i'm here and I see it i'll be having word with the owner.

Well done hyperion, sorry about the break in, shame you could'nt have finished the dog and let the doe go . Unfortunatly some dog owners just don't know what thier dog is capeable off.

The only thing that shook the Mrs up about the break in was that she had locked the box of maltesers i'd bought her in the car and she couldn't get to them, by the time the AA home start bloke got there she was getting a bit desperate!

I've got two lurchers, and I know exactly what they are capable of but I also know they are perfectly capable of staying under control and behaving, most dog walkers round here just come out with "well they were only playing" if their dog pins a deer on a fence!

Back