hello from me

Hello willobank, I'm sure you will be contacted by someone local but a little more history might help .
Regsrds Widu.

Welcome to the site, don't be shy tell us a bit about you, not too much just enough to give us a clue. I remember when I was aq boy walking along the old steam railway line in Tenterden shooting rabbits with a shotgun.

John

Welcome to the site, don't be shy tell us a bit about you, not too much just enough to give us a clue. I remember when I was aq boy walking along the old steam railway line in Tenterden shooting rabbits with a shotgun.

John

RAILWAY LINE!! Stevens Rocket go by at the time John :lol::lol:

Hi Martin, Biddenden (famous for the Cider!!) is not very far from me, what are you doing in Bavaria?

Thanks to those that have replied, I would have thought there must be loads of stalkers in Kent but appears not, so will have to come over to Sussex perhaps?
Shot my first Roebuck just over the Sussex border last year, the scull will be put up over the kennel doors when nature has cleaned it for me.

Has anyone recently done the BASC carcase and butchery course, like some feedback please.

Cheers Willowbank

Trying to earn a decent living wage plus the missus is bavarian and she wanted to be near the grandchildren.
As far as I am aware there are no roe yet in Kent, which has always puzzled me.
regards
Martin

Hi Martin, no we dont at the moment have any Roe in Kent which is a shame but in time perhaps, I shot mine at Wadhurst in Sussex.

We do however seem to have a growing Boar population spreading steadily into Kent from the Sussex border as far as Aldington that I know of.... happy days.

Cheers Willowbank

Hi Willowbank i did the BASC butchery course last year at chart farm sevenoaks with andy prince, it was a good day very much hands on, and came away confident that i could make a reasonable job of it.
cheers geoff

There are indeed many Roe in Kent now. This one was the first Kent Gold medal, a 13 pointer:

GMR1001.jpg

This was the second:

GMR2001.jpg

Both shot by a friend of mine not a million miles away from Goudhurst.

Others have also been shot in the county

Hi willowbank welcome to the site yes there r Roe all around you. I beat and pickup all around the place
often see em early morining:thumb:

Hi Willowbank, there are a few stalkers in Kent. Drop me a PM and I will give you my mobile number, I live about 20 miles south of you.

Sikamalc

Hi and welcome Im in Kent, Deal not far from Dover, I am also new to stalking though have my DSC1 with 4 stalks and 3 grassed Roe under my belt. They are a great bunch of lads on here and always ready to help and give advice.

Hi Willowbank

Welcome to the SD site, quite a few members in kent, I frequent tenterden on a regular basis to visit the Orvis shop as fly fishing is one of my other passions.

ATB

Phil

Hi Phil did you know that Orvis were doing free casting sessions monthly at the Tenterden Trout lakes (I know him as Barry but cant think what the water is called) might be worth a look?

Rgds Willowbank

O !!! I take it you've heard about my casting then :rofl: Haven't been to barry's for a while now, Gets a tad warm down there mid summer.

David in the Orvis shop is a good man to know, he can sometimes find you a slot on the Itchin in hampshire at a reasonable cost.

I tend to travel around a bit, been up to grafham water recently, my main stop off normally, Stowting or Harrietsham for convenience as I live just outside Faversham, have heard the one at Woodchurch is ok, my favourite is the reservoir Hastings fly fishers run at sedlescombe way, thats a lovely place to go for a day, rowing boat thrown in as well. :tiphat:

Next time I'm visiting Tenterden, will give you PM.

ATB
Phil

Last edited:
Back