Messy T8

Richard Parsons

After shooting a few shots at the range I find when removing my T8 mod.the barrel is covered in hot crud/ carbon deposit. Some of this can be quite stubborn to remove and usually involves solvents and old tooth brushes, and possibly dulling my shiny bluing.....any ideas on how to avoid this? I'm thinking a couple of layers of electricians tape on the barrel for some protection when choosing to use the mod. Any advice appreciated.

Richard,
How is that possible, with a T8 the only bit of it that comes in contact with your rifle barrel is the thread at the muzzle and the delrin bush at the other end.
The only time I have heard of this happening is with a very old PES, where the gasses used to come back over the barrel and were contained by the bush that came back over the barrel at the opposite end to the muzzle.
Are you sure it is a T8 you have.

I would try changing the mod. Like has been said there should not be any gases\carbon coming back over the barrel !! Certainly not on any reflex T8 mods ive ever seen.

Ads ;)

I find it hard to believe it can be a T8.
There is no way carbon or anything can come in contact with the barrel unless the inner sleeve has split, which is very unlikely.
If that is the case then it was manufacturing fault and would have been discovered on day one of it's use.
If that is the case get in touch with Jacksons the main importer and see what he has to say.
He has very good after sales and guarantee back up and will also give a part exchange allowance for your old against a new one.

Thanks all I agree with the advice. Just wondering what the average life is, but I'm blown if I'm forking out £200 again. Might just use my mates old Vaimeco, it seemed to work fine.

I used mine every day for seven years and on and off for another three and it is still serviceable.
As for forking out another £200 Why!
Get in touch with Jackson the importer and let him look at yours, if there is a fault he will replace it, if it is misused/damaged/worn out he will give you an allowance for it against a replacement.

A friend of mine had a T8 on his rilfe, it had a hole in the inner sleeve which marked his barrell. Got rid of it and got a Jet Z compact.
It got cleaned after every outing and it didn,t do much work.
Jonathon

i was told in a gun shop i use if you ever have a problem with a t8 they will send it back and it doesnt matter how many years of use they will send out a brand new one for 60% of he price of a new one,im not sure what gaurantee they come with from new.

Well , it turns out the inner sleeve has rusted through, you can see it in the correct light. Will look at getting the Jacksons stainless 'mini T8' mentioned. I have handled one and they seem well good.

I dont know, but the new mod. is an Ase Northstar and can be had for £190. Off my RFD anyway. £231 off Jacksons, yeah right....

Richard Parsons said:
Well , it turns out the inner sleeve has rusted through, you can see it in the correct light. Will look at getting the Jacksons stainless 'mini T8' mentioned. I have handled one and they seem well good.

I have heard of this again a couple of times since this thread was started. Another good reason why not to use WD40 inside your mods. Its a water based penetrating fluid. Water + hot gases + carbon is maybe not the best mix to have inside a mod that you cant clean.

Ads

DD the Facts are its, Shite for any weapons use the right stuff you'll not get any problems .

People tend to use it as a quick fix instead of doing the job correctly

Stick some 3 in 1 on a rag and wipe it down if your stuck for the right stuff .

WD40

I use parker hale gun oil on my rifles, Wee aerosol cans from your mate Alex the gun maker.

I never said use it on rifles cos it is F**king brilliant, I said it is not water based.

You should be at work anywayinstead of causing trouble,

:D

Back