Thread: just had a look at

just had a look at

just had a look at the CZ USA website, a lot of those are lovely rifles. I really like the look of the .223 527 lux that apparently the Europeans rate highly, and the Ultimate Hunting Rifle in 300 win mag.

The only Lux rifle I ever had the hots for was a 2nd hand 527 in 7,62x39. It sold so fast I barely had time to break a sweat over it. I generally like the American styling better; straighter comb for scope use and somewhat cleaner lines.~Muir

I had a 527 lux in .223. Great compact little rifle with a Zeiss 6x42 scope. The woodwork was beautiful and the barrel had such a nice twist-hammer forged pattern that i couldn't bring myself to have it cut for a moderator.

Reds started appearing in one of the forests i stalked, the landowner decided to restrict rifles to .243 minimum (regardless if stalking Reds or not) and Strathclyde weren't keen on adding another slot (i'd only just had 2 additional slots added).

So unfortunately it had to go and i sold it on here. 6-pointer bought it and took a bloody grinder to it!

The CZ527 'Lux' is a nice bit of work, but has a 24" barrel with sights. This model has been around for a long time.

The newer 'American' (no misnomer - actually made in Kansas City, Kansas!) has a higher comb, comes without sights, and is often pre-threaded. As such it's maybe better suited to the UK. It's puzzling that this model has a 10% higher price tag than the 'Lux'.

Bear this in mind if a secondhand CZ527 comes up as most of the used UK models are the cheaper 'Lux'.... and are often advertised as 'American' with prices to match.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.