Spring Visitors

TH757

Heard my first cuckoo of the season today in sunny Berkshire, anyone else heard one.

Not in norfolk yet, but I did see a swallow on Saturday, chiffchaff are calling and stone curlew are back, here we go again......best time of year!

Saw a stork in Bedfordshire this week (could've been a crane - no Coles / Ransomes / Hitachi jokes, please?). We've had the white egret for a while but this was the first I've seen in UK.

Most likley crane, they're getting much more widespread now, a friend in Oxfordshire had 4 fly over his house last year, being in Norfolk we see plenty if you're in the right places round here, cracking birds!

Saw a stork in Bedfordshire this week (could've been a crane - no Coles / Ransomes / Hitachi jokes, please?). We've had the white egret for a while but this was the first I've seen in UK.

Most likley crane, they're getting much more widespread now, a friend in Oxfordshire had 4 fly over his house last year, being in Norfolk we see plenty if you're in the right places round here, cracking birds!

Thanks for that. I thought I was going mad!

I regularly drive through France / Belgium / Holland / Germany so see plenty, but with you confirming that others have seen them in the UK I now can tell the local "experts" without fear of being ridiculed.

Back