Thread: Hi From FurNotFeather-New Member From County Down N. Ireland

Hi From FurNotFeather-New Member From County Down N. Ireland

Just posting a hello to all the 'auld hands' here on the forum. I've been a keen rifle shot for over 20 years going from an air rifle as a teenager to rimfire .22 and a.22-250. Recently done my DSC 1 naturally with a view to getting into deer stalking but am finding it difficult to find permission to shoot over land with deer in the area. As I live in County Down, there are no deer I am aware of outside of the forestry services land or private estates in this area. Anybody with tips or advice on how to get land to stalk on within N. Ireland-please drop me a line.

Welcome, we do have a few members from th Emerald Isle, you may get a few hints from them, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi All,
    New member of this forum and excited to be here as found many informative threats before registering. I will be active here to learn more from here and hope to make some friends also.

Welcome to the site, the pair of you. Dales you are supposed to start your own introduction thread a not jut piggy back on another one,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

There's a few 'auld hands' on this site,there's syndicate places come up regularly to the east of you if you are prepared to go over the water.

Welcome to the site, Ater living in Holywood for about 10 years I totally understand your problem. Unfortunately I never found the answer and my stalking involved catching the HSS. The up side is once at Stranraer you normally don't have to travel too far.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Mark-can I ask, when you lived in Holywood and stalked in Scotland-did you have any access to stalking here in NI and if not-were you able to hold a NI FAC with no stalking rights over here?

Hi and welcome. A lovely part of the world. Well at least you are on the right side for the ferry.
    It's accuracy that kills.