what to do with 6.5x55 brass

User00003

what to do with 6.5x55 brass? I have a bunch of once fired norma and federals from my father, and brothers in law, but I personally don't shoot one, I just started collecting their brass after I realised there's a use for them either in re-sale or in reloading. I reload myself of course, but not for that calibre.

I am looking to add one or two calibres onto my FAC this year, so my question is: what calibres and wildcat calibres can 6.5x55 brass be reshaped for? just wondering if it's worth me keeping for a future project, or if I should just be a good samaritan and pass on to someone in the classifieds section.

what to do with 6.5x55 brass? I have a bunch of once fired norma and federals from my father, and brothers in law, but I personally don't shoot one, I just started collecting their brass after I realised there's a use for them either in re-sale or in reloading. I reload myself of course, but not for that calibre.

I am looking to add one or two calibres onto my FAC this year, so my question is: what calibres and wildcat calibres can 6.5x55 brass be reshaped for? just wondering if it's worth me keeping for a future project, or if I should just be a good samaritan and pass on to someone in the classifieds section.

The obvious 6.5x55 Ackley Improved and a rare one, 6mm Vais which is the swede case necked down and blown out to 40 degree shoulder.

Ian.

i would say to stick with what you have, you dont need any more....

... then send me the brass as im always happy to take it...:D

i would say to stick with what you have, you dont need any more....

... then send me the brass as im always happy to take it...:D

Man. You beat me to it!:D

For good practice, you should really only use single LOT, new brass for a wild cat project. I've been reforming brass and wildcatting for over 30 years and this was a lesson hard learned, early on. Sell it and go down a different route. JMHO.~Muir

Back