selby gamefair

flyingfisherman

Anyone been this year? Worth going? Anyone going tomorrow? Im going to head down and have a look about.. Is it worth it?

I got free tickets the other year,
had I paid I would have asked for my money back, we saw the whole show in an hour, twice,
and its only 8 miles from me.

Hi Ben

I went a couple of years ago and it was expensive to get in and unless you are interested in bull x's, terriers, subaru's or camo clothing hiding the poachers under them I would stay at home mate.

Best regards

Wayne

Anyone been this year? Worth going? Anyone going tomorrow? Im going to head down and have a look about.. Is it worth it?

Last time I went was a couple of years ago and it's more like a market than a game fair. + knee deep in bull/greyhounds and gypo's.
It's the only place iv been where you can buy a settee from one stall and purse nets from the one next door.

Hi Ben

I went a couple of years ago and it was expensive to get in and unless you are interested in bull x's, terriers, subaru's or camo clothing hiding the poachers under them I would stay at home mate.

Best regards

Wayne

Ha ha, beat me too it Wayne. Speaks volumes for the area we live in don't ya think?

if its still at the Towers place then the only time I tried to go I gave up, turned round and came home. Traffic was attrocious. Mind you I reckon you should go cos I reckon I can see you with a mastiff/greyhound cross and for sure you can get one there

I think it would be a good place to write all the registration numbers down of the subaru's, it will be easier in the car park then when we bump into them at night.

My advice would be to wait a week and go to the gamekeepers fair at Catton Hall next weekend. I have been every year for the past four years and it just gets better every year.

Don't bother Ben went by thursday as they were setting up, couldn't understand the hold up coming through carlton but nearly ****ed my pants when I saw all the bow top caravans and coloured horses pulling in. The wildfowling club I'm in used to stand every year it got that bad you couldn't give away free passes. More like a mini appleby come 4 day market mate. Having said that if you're brave enough to attend I'm about 6 mile away gis a ring and call in for a decent cuppa.

I went two years ago. No gun stalls, a few tents with shooting attire.
It`s nothing special and wouldn`t go again.

Just to fill you all in, i went to Selby today with a couple of mates.. was exactly as imagined after hearing SD members experiences. Not worth the entry fee, full of palm readers, pikeys and deer dogs.

Wont be going back!!

Shame it has come to this, it was promising years ago then went down the pan.

My uncle used to be the gamekeeper there along time ago and started the first one.

I went two year ago and asked for my money back as it wasn't a game fair more of a fun fair.

Didn't get a refund.

Steve

The year that i went two traders marquees were raided at night and loads of gear stolen and a security chap was knifed across the face by a traders member of staff.
It`s a four day event but by the end of the third day many had packed up and gone home.

Went a number of years ago and and my wee lurcher won the under 23 inch 16 dog stake. As I remember it then there wasn't much to it.

Dave

Back