pes t12 mod

mannlicher

can any one tell me how good are the pes t12 scout compared to the t8 moderador it would be going on a 270win

regards

Last edited:
The PES T12 is superior to the T12 Scout, and only 100 grams more than the scout. the t12 standard is superior to looks and sound moderation in my opinion to the t8, but I have not actually measured the sound moderation in terms of decibels, which is what you are asking.

The T12 is much slimmer than the t8. The t12 is just superbly quiet and although goes a long way over the barrel it is so so quiet.

I had a T8 on my 22-250, it is a very good mod, just a bit bulky! Got a PES T12 scout stainless now, and it looks very good! Seems quieter too considering the 22-250 is very loud without a mod on, it does a cracking job! Got interchangeable threads on it too! I've got 1/2 unf and m14x1 but am using the 1/2 unf at the moment as I had this made up! Get the pes, cracking moderator!

not sure if the new t12 is stripable, but i have a stripable one here, and for the cash it has to be better than the t8, coz if it was not id not have got it,

ps: on a budget the t8 is fine as long as you look after it with spray of wd in it after every outing,and never leave it on the rifle it'll be fine.

bob.

The new T12 are not strippable. Steve Bowers TIG welds them closed for julian as he has had a few back to rebuild after coming lose from the warming up of the mod and a bullet clipping. he then duracoats as needed.

can any one tell me how good are the pes t12 scout compared to the t8 moderador it would be going on a 270win

regards
Spot on mate I have one on the .243,cant fault it and of course its stainless,just dont leave it on your rifle as with any cf mod,you wont be dissapointed.

the scout is "semi" strippable which I like.
I cna imagine the extra length of the full blown T12 makes for a very quiet mod as the scout quietens my 243 just fine

iv been told the t12 scout is not ideal for a 270 and would need the full size one but dont know if that would fit a 20in barrel

iv been told the t12 scout is not ideal for a 270 and would need the full size one but dont know if that would fit a 20in barrel

The full size one is made to fit the 20 inch barrels on the x bolt and T3.
Here is one on a .223 20 inch X-Bolt.

GEDC0043.jpg

Neil. :)

Probably not the ideal moderator chamber size for a full magnum calibre.
It works OK on the 243 but I load my 270 with up to and over 50% more of the same powder so I imagine the volume of gas it has to deal with is also significant

Back