Reloader 7 discontinued by Alliant (?)

Muir

I was in a gun shop yesterday and was told by the owner that Alliant stopped producing RL-7 three months ago and when current stocks are gone, that will be the end of it. I don't know if that's true but I will find out...~Muir

Reloader 7 is a great powder I have used it in my .22Hornet and in the treble 4 . Guess i will have to buy some stock in! as i only have about a 1lb,1/2 left !! if the news is true?.
I may have swich to Vhit 120 or 130 other wise or try again to buy some Vectan powder from Lawman's
:scared:

Had good performance from this powder in 222. Surprised they are going to stop offering this powder

Yes I read your post completely, there is no need for the attitude - do like I did, E-mail Alliant -you will then have your answer - no point me putting up what they said, you won't believe it anyway.

Yes I read your post completely, there is no need for the attitude - do like I did, E-mail Alliant -you will then have your answer - no point me putting up what they said, you won't believe it anyway.

I didn't take an attitude. Sorry you took it that way. It just seemed that you didn't catch the part about the existing supplies. As long as they have the powder, they will list it on their site and data will continue for some time afterwards if history repeats itself. If you found something, why don't you post it? The shop I was in wasn't just a stockist, it was also an outfitter that takes executives from Hornady, Ruger, and Alliant (and other) companies out on prairie-dog shoots. It was in that venue that he said he learned of the discontinuance of RL-7. It may not happen. It may happen years from now. I don't know. I have no dog in the fight; I just know what it's like to have pet loads and have my "pet" powder discontinued so I posted this.~Muir

PS: Why would I not believe what they wrote? That I'm wrong? Couldn't care less one way or the other. (No attitude, just fact)

Last edited:
Back