Bergara BX11

I had a look at it at IWA last month. It should shoot just fine, Bergara have earned a good reputation for their barrels after all, but the fore-end in the synthetic version isn't stiff or flat enough to suit a bipod, and the action only handles calibres from .243 up, so it won't do double duty as a vermin gun. Also, they were talking about $1600 for the synthetic version and a few hundred more for the walnut one, so it's not exactly cheap.

So, if you really want a switch-barrel rifle, and only want to shoot medium to large animals, then it might be worth considering, but it remains to be seen whether anyone will opt to import it.

Bottom line? Given the choice between a new BX11 and a good S/H Blaser, I know which I'd go for.

Ive been to the factory and seen their barrels being made, now I have to say they know what they are doing in this department, yes this rifle is an aquired taste, however, I would think it will shoot very well. I knew these guys were in the process of a new action and im sure there will be some US input on this too.

Has anyone had any experience with this rifle? It's a bolt-action, switch barrel, from Spain, see: http://www.bergararifles.com/en/rifles/detalle-rifle.php?rifle=BX11+Multicalibre

Just interested to hear thoughts/opinions, etc.....

willie_gunn

Back