lamp for scopes

docholiday

I have just been asked to help with some rabbit and fox problems, up until now I have always lamped from a land rover using a lamp from the cig lighter, However this bit of land doesnt allow you to get a vehicle on to the ground so will need a scope mounted lamp, as I have never used one before would be grateful for advice re brand and battery. Anybody have any thoughts.
Doc

scope mounted lamps

howdy doc, also have a look at the cluson lazerlite million candle power,I have used one for years and always been pleased with it, lots of places sell them, think arthur carter who advertises in the countrymans weekly is the cheapest,get the double bulb one then you have a handy light to see with without using the big light,not heavy on the scope an you can get quite a few different filters for them, if you have any mates that fit alarms try that route to get a battery as they use the same 7ah ones in lots of alarms,they are quite expensive from fieldsports suppliers. happy lamping.REGARDS HORNET.

scope mounted lamps

howdy doc, also have a look at the cluson lazerlite million candle power,I have used one for years and always been pleased with it, lots of places sell them, think arthur carter who advertises in the countrymans weekly is the cheapest,get the double bulb one then you have a handy light to see with without using the big light,not heavy on the scope an you can get quite a few different filters for them, if you have any mates that fit alarms try that route to get a battery as they use the same 7ah ones in lots of alarms,they are quite expensive from fieldsports suppliers. happy lamping.REGARDS HORNET.

lamp

Doc

I have a cluson scope mounted lamp and it is good. However I have problems with glare from the back of the moderator on the big rifle. No prob with the .22 tho.

My mate finds that the flip up scope covers stop the problem and I know some people tape in the bottom of the lens. Worth a play before you go out in anger tho'

cheers

Roy

I also had problems with glare from the mod' on my .243, tried loads of "heath robinson" ideas to stop the problem, eventually settled for clip on under barrel mount from Deben, this now ok when shooting of sticks, however if you have to get down on the floor the beam sometimes wont cover the target.

Easiest solution is to get somone to lamp for you :)

I use a CLUSON 2 beam a bit wide but distance ok adequate for my needs , solved wide beam with a bit of plastic from an old ice cream tub and som.e black insulating tape .
Trapper

The best option is allways going to be to get someone to lamp for you, if this is imposible then don't be tempted to buy to big a lamp as they are a bugger to hold still when the wind blows. I use a Lightforce and i've had it over 10 years without any problems, i can't comment on the others as i've not owned them.

ATB Ezzy

Back