Case Trimmer!! Which one???

bosun

Which one would you suggest I go for?

RCBS - LYMAN - WILSON are my main choices.

Bosun

Also selling one? ;)

The most accurate one is Wilson by a country mile it's more for the long range shooter
It's not the quickest but the best

Hey spud I am planning to be at all shoots this year m8 will be at Diggle for sure this weekend
Are you going ?

Another vote for Wilson, by far the best and perfect for the accuracy buff.

Buy the vernier version (cry once)

Many, many calibres are available and if you have a custom chanbering which isnt available from Wilson its an easy job to machine a case holder and using the same chanber reamer machine a case holder.....

Wilson is the ONLY one I have and the only one i'd buy again.

Which one would you suggest I go for?

RCBS - LYMAN - WILSON are my main choices.

Bosun

Also selling one? ;)

What are you shooting, and what are you shooting at??
I have Wilson, Lyman, Forester, and Lee. I use the Lee for hunting loads. The Wilson is only for 30-06 and because I happened to pick one up at a reasonable price. The Lyman I almost never use, as, it is about the same as the Forester. I like the Forester because of the collet that holds the cases and the outside neck turner that fits it. This is used for case reforming.

By far, I use the Lee more than any other. Stupid simple, repeatable (never goes out of adjustment) and cheap. If my accuracy suffers from using them I haven't noticed. Of course, they don't look all mechanical and machine-like sitting on your reloading bench- and I feel really out of place wearing a white lab jacket when I use them- but I have gotten past that.:D~Muir

I am with Muir and just use the Lee. Clearly the downside is that you can only trim the cases to one fixed length so there is no scope to tinker. However, despite it being a very simple device (I chuck my shell holder into a cordless screwdriver and spin the cases with it) all my cases come out exactly the same length as close as I can measure. Ideal if you are happy with one fixed length and inexpensive as well which is a bonus.

With the Lee the cases can only come out one length. There is nothing to slip, nothing that can change. If that length is the absolute best is, I believe, overridden by the simple, quick, reliable repeatability.

got the wilson with the 243/20tac and 308 shell holder,

simple and as good as it comes at £50 or there abouts. just ordered the power tool adaptor to see what that works like :)

bob.

I got the wilson with my tooley 22-250, now use it for all my calibres. Might get the micrometer attachment, because I can!

I use a Lee with Cordless screwdriver. Simple,cheap and does the job, also in neck sized .223 hardly takes anything off as lapua cases dont seem to stretch that much.

D

Back