2 questions.....

Ballibeg

Hi folks,

1) How do you carry your rifle when out with shooting sticks? I find the transfer from shoulder, muzzle up, gun behind shoulder awkward. It feels an easier transfer from shoulder, muzzle up,gun in front of shoulder. What do you folks do?

2) Does removing a bipod from the rifle alter zero? I was told yesterday it does. I've a bipod on mine but would take it off for high seats.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave
1 muzzle down behind shoulder, Keeps rain out of barrel / mod
2 always leave bipod on, havent shot without it on but its a pain with sticks
simo

Muzzle down with a pice of electricians tape over the end.It stops all the worry about crap in the barrel.

Only ever found a change in zero in regards to a bi-pod when testing a friends T3 due to the crappy factory fitted synthetic stock.

Dave

1) Should, muzzle up, gun in front of shoulder. In very wet weather I'll use masking tape or electricians tape over the crown.
2) I have a bipod on my rifle but it stays on regardless, whether I'm on a "walk and stalk" or up in the high seat.

willie_gunn

Turfer said:
Only ever found a change in zero in regards to a bi-pod when testing a friends T3 due to the crappy factory fitted synthetic stock.

Well thats the same as my rifle... guess it stays on!!!

Can you put tape over a moderator or only a bare crown?

Thanks for the help folks,

Dave

Ballibeg said:
Turfer said:
Can you put tape over a moderator or only a bare crown?

Dave

Either.Its only there to keep the crap out.

I'd have a guess that due to the added all up length with a mod fitted you're more likely to plug the hole with crap with in on than with it off.

Ballibeg /Dave
So long as you are Muzzle aware at all times ,I guess its all personal how you carry your Rifle.
I prefer muzzle up and forward , and if it is heaving down, some tape over the barrel end , have used a condom in the past , great for collecting water afterwards and you never know when you will bump into a nympho! in the woods.
Its OK i have a vivid imagination !.
Regarding bipod I just leave it on , Its a fiddle with the sticks and sometime the balance is awkward , I guess we all find our own comfort zone. I have right pants days when everything goes wrong at the vital moment . Also so slick days when I remember how I cocked up the last - time out. ( Just a quick tip )Regarding Butler Creek scope flip up covers ! TAPE THE BXXRS ON have lost 3 this season.
Happy decision making
Regards Trapper

Muzzle up, tape if its raining.
As for the bipod, if your barrel free floats properly it shouldnt make any difference when you take it off, it doesnt on mine anyway.

Im always muzzle down as i find the weight of a mod and bipod favour this.
Is it safe to put tape over the mod??? as the bullet is in free flight after leaving the rifling.....

NELL

Back