MITSUBISHI Shogun 3.2 Di-D Warrior 3dr Auto

flytie

Dear all, I am considering changing vehicles and have looked at various low mileage Suzuki Grand Vitaras, both diesel and petrol, a Rav-4 (petrol) and some Mitsubishi Pinins, all good vehicles. But...............

I have had a ride in a MITSUBISHI Shogun 3.2 Di-D Warrior, a 3 door one with high mileage, from my point of veiw, of nearly 90,000 miles. Now to a pleb like me this seems a huge mileage, but one or two folks have told me that these vehicles are bullet proof and go on into the 200,000 mile bracket if looked after.

Is this true?

If anyone has had one and can shed some light on their reliability (or lack of it) I would be very grateful?

I will do less than 5,000 miles in a year in the next vehicle.

Thanks in advance, Simon

Simon, I had one years ago, and the diff's/prop shafts are not good in them, mine was clunky and on its way out as well, several friends who have owned them have also had £1000-£1600 repair bills on theirs.

Other than that, they are pretty good, mine was the SWB 3.2 and it pulled well!

If the diff is not clunky or dripping oil... I think you will be good to go :)

The engines are good, just remember to change oil and filters regular and ensure it is a good quality oil. Like most jap cars your reliabilty is good, check undernieth to see if it has had off-road abuse.

if its one with a dual mass flywheel and it ever needs replacing alongside with the clutch ive been told that it could cost upto £2500 to get sorted, its the only thing that put my dad off buying one

There cracking trucks brother had 03 plate and mate has 2, yours being an auto will be fine both of my mates have done 160k plus 06 and 07 hes had no probs!! Brother was bought with fly wheel fault simples we stripped welded up flywheel and balenced it and reassembled do 30k since. The standard flywheel kits are availble now, his started jumping out of first gear another common fault with manuals if towing etc but by chirst can they tow.

Dear all, I am considering changing vehicles and have looked at various low mileage Suzuki Grand Vitaras, both diesel and petrol, a Rav-4 (petrol) and some Mitsubishi Pinins, all good vehicles. But...............

I have had a ride in a MITSUBISHI Shogun 3.2 Di-D Warrior, a 3 door one with high mileage, from my point of veiw, of nearly 90,000 miles. Now to a pleb like me this seems a huge mileage, but one or two folks have told me that these vehicles are bullet proof and go on into the 200,000 mile bracket if looked after.

Is this true?

If anyone has had one and can shed some light on their reliability (or lack of it) I would be very grateful?

I will do less than 5,000 miles in a year in the next vehicle.

Thanks in advance, Simon

Hi I have one have owned one for the last 3 years it has now done 175000 miles and drives lovely it has taken me to Scotland a few times from Norfolk.
without any trouble.

probably a one off , but i bought one new a few years ago a 3.2 DID , within 4000 miles the gearbox packed in , it was replaced, for the next 2 years it was more in the garage than on the road , in the end mitsubishi took it back ,

Last edited:
Thanks chaps, very kind replies. I appreciate all of them, even if negative, as they all add information to any prospective purchase.

You do seem to get a lot for your money with them, I suppose it is because most folks are put off by the MPG, but I do so few miles now I am not driving my daughter all over the country to play sport. It makes the idea of a big engine affordable. The one I looked at had not been off road at all, apart from into a field to drop off a horsebox, and there was no oil underneath where it was parked. It had a full dealership service history too. I might have to go and have another look.........................

Simon

Back