Price Difference In Lapua Brass

jamross65

Checking the price of Lapua brass in 308, The Sportsman Gun Centre have it at £54 for a box of 100 cases, Midway UK are after £91.

Has anyone bought it from either and can confirm if these prices were correct? seems a massive difference from one place to another...???

There is also some of the small rifle primer 308 Lapua brass about and it is significantly more expensive than the standard stuff. It seems it is a new trend with the benchrest/target folks that small rifle primers are more accurate than the bigger ones!

Are you comparing the same product could the Lapua cases from Midway be the Palma version that takes small rifle primers rather than the normal large rifle primers? The Lapua .308 Palma cases normally sell at a higher price.

There is also some of the small rifle primer 308 Lapua brass about and it is significantly more expensive than the standard stuff. It seems it is a new trend with the benchrest/target folks that small rifle primers are more accurate than the bigger ones!

Just checked again. Small primer Palma 308 brass £96. £91 seems to be the price for standard 308 brass cases.

22-250, £127.98
243, £120.94
6.5x47, £135.33

And best of all, 6.5-284, £150!!!! I have checked, they are all 100 boxes. I must have lost touch by using once fired from factory for a few years but these prices seem way too much....

That's frightening - boy am I glad that I was able to pick up a couple of hundred once fired Lapua .308 cases for a very reasonable price last year. I dread to think of the cost of something a little less common such as 8x57jrs or 9.3x74r which I normally obtain once fired from Germany.

I'll tell you what, if our travelling friends get wind of the current value of brass cases they will be pitching up at every range in the country on the rake...

I presume that everything Midway UK sells has come from Midway USA. Their Lapua cases will have had two trips across the Atlantic to pay for. That would at least account for some of the price difference.

Yorkie.

I'll tell you what, if our travelling friends get wind of the current value of brass cases they will be pitching up at every range in the country on the rake...

If you leave your brass lying around on the range it can't be true what they say about a Scotsman being careful with his money.:lol: At our club the treasurer is a Yorkshire man and an ex accountant to boot, they don't come more careful as regards money and he watches the scrap brass like a hawk. :lol:

If you leave your brass lying around on the range it can't be true what they say about a Scotsman being careful with his money.:lol: At our club the treasurer is a Yorkshire man and an ex accountant to boot, they don't come more careful as regards money and he watches the scrap brass like a hawk. :lol:

8x57 Yorkshire accountant! The brass must hit him on the back of the as his bends down to pick it up..!

Do I detect the suggestion that we are tight up here????

Okay, I may have been seen scrabbling about looking for an ejected case once or twice...

:lol:

If you want to have a fit , try wanting to feed a 300 win mag with lap brass !

Last ttime I looked over £200 per 100

leec6.5 you have just made m e look at the MidwayUk website and I nearly had a fit.
9.3x74r Norma cases £186.82 per hundred.
9.3x74r Nosler cases £233.48 per hundred.

Words fail me.:cuckoo:

At those prices I will certainly continue to buy once fired cases from Europe. I think the last 150 Norma cases cost me around 30 euros including postage.

I presume that everything Midway UK sells has come from Midway USA. Their Lapua cases will have had two trips across the Atlantic to pay for. That would at least account for some of the price difference.

Yorkie.

Surely not Yorkie?

The cases must come straight from Lapua to the UK?

Surely not Yorkie?

The cases must come straight from Lapua to the UK?

Nope, all that Midway UK are is a receiving office for Midway USA, so any European products will have been shipped from Europe to US then back to Europe. Unless you are desperately in need of something I usually find it cheaper to source over here.

Nope, all that Midway UK are is a receiving office for Midway USA, so any European products will have been shipped from Europe to US then back to Europe. Unless you are desperately in need of something I usually find it cheaper to source over here.

Thanks for clearing that up Dan...

Next time I will just call on the friendly dealers on here to source me stuff... ;)

tis true, huge amount of Midway stock comes from the US.
Midway UK is a shell company of Midway US and is just a distribution agent really.

it is why the stuff takes so long to arrive most occasions.

Back